NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

55 axle new?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: 55 axle new? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell who to get new axles from? Or anyone have a 10 bolt with pearches for a 55
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some new axles made by Moser in Indy .. excellent and quick

http://www.moserengineering.com/

I also have some 17 spine axles in my way, if you can use them let me know ..
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

Did you put the new axle in your old 55 rearend? Are they alot stronger than the old ones? What did it run you? Are the old ones in good shape? Mine are ok but afraid they are 55 years old. I am running 346 hp @ 6100 to the rear wheels. I have a 100 hp NX kit ready to go in but think I am looking for trouble. Would like to get a 10-12 bolt but do not have a welder or an extra $1000 to build one.
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: gear Reply with quote

What gear did you use. Think I have a 3.55. Also thanks for the post on HV oil pumps I went with a SV.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually put the axles in my '56 Vette rear, (same as pass car), stronger? I would think so but Moser could confirm that, cost me $450 with new bearings, old ones (have 2 sets) are fine, just the flange wasnt totally true and with the addition of disc brakes on the rear it was making the rotor slightly wobble and I didnt want that, but for drum brakes they are fine, I am running a 3.08 rear with a tremec 5 speed overdrive ...
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

wow a T5, nice. My dad and I remember the car from 89. I guess it is alot nicer. I will think about the axles I am still trying to get a 10 bolt. I think I will do a 3.72 with my th350. Thanks for all the ideas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: