NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roll Call Kennedale, Texas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Roll Call Kennedale, Texas Reply with quote

My goal is to have my car ready to race the TMCC at Kennedale, Texas on Sunday, March 11.

Please post a reply if you plan to attend.

http://www.texasraceway.com/
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to be there with my corvette ..
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to attend with my 57.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Racing is fun but more fun with friends.
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Kennedale drag races Reply with quote

I'll be at the drags with my 57 chevy. Last time I ran they were using a flagman as a starter, so this will be a new experience for me![img][/img]
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any reports from the event?? .. unexpected work issues came up and I was not able to attend ..
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had four cars make the race today, two fifty-six’s and two fifty sevens.

I only made it past the first round of the elimination. In the second elimination I red lighted.

I had a good run going in the first elimination of the consolation bracket when I shifted into third gear and the motor quit running. I let off and she started right back up again and ran fine after. Tom thinks my fuel pump is not keeping up and I ran the float bowl dry. What ever it was, it cost me the race.

I had a good time and some great fellowship.
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll add to the event’s happening. It was perfect weather. Five DACC members, two with their families, attended. Four raced. Yours truly was just in town after a long trip, therefore not prepared to compete. All competitors were in the same class.
First round had 2 winners, Alan Strong in his 4 speed ’57 sedan and Larry Epperson in his automatic ’57 4dr HT. Both drivers used fast reaction times to their advantage to win. Tim Epperson in his really clean black automatic ’56 4dr sedan was having a starting line bog that affected performance to point of losing. A deeper rear gear may be in the future for his car. Then Kenneth Burton in his automatic 396 big block ’56 sedan was put out when his opponent was closer on his numbers.
Second round had Alan Strong lose when he was a little quick on the starting line and brought up the red light. Then unfortunately Larry Epperson was paired with a well known veteran Ford drag racer that put him out of action.
The consolation race called the “race of champions” allowed 2 club members to participate. So Alan Strong and Kenneth Burton were volunteered as the Epperson families needed to depart.
Alan ran first and had his power problem approaching the finish line and simply slowed down to lose. Kenneth Burton appeared slower on the start and never could catch up. So the DACC was finished for the day.

So….. With all the enthusiasm we shared it looks like all if us will try to be at the MotorPlex on 25 March.
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: KENNEDALE Reply with quote

I had a great time and with a few great tips from the guys( Thanks again) the lights were not a mysterious as first thought. Second round I had to 'spot' my competitor by .40 and was caught 'waching the lights' instead of leaving. Ran my best time, dail in, on an unbelivable bad light. Just not enough track when you give someone that much of a headstart.(1.00)
Hey. it was a great time!! We'll try again in Ennis! My son enjoyed the race & his 2 year boy was making racing sounds all the way home!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: