NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exhaust - Shop Recommendation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Exhaust - Shop Recommendation Reply with quote

Anyone got a recommendation on a shop to get an exhaust installed? Need exhaust installed on 57 truck and Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers.

Thanks...Kevin Cool
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently had some work done at Joe's Muffler, 15233 Addison road, 972-2335029. It is a small place, a one man operation, but the guy seems to know what he is doing and is the kind of person you can work with, which is what I like.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard many good things about Nick's Mufflers at 6300 W Plano Pkwy, Plano, TX 75093 972-447-9270, from what I read he is perhaps a bit more expensive but you will not regret it.. I have seen this stated numerous times on other area chat boards..
belairvette
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: exhaust Reply with quote

A shop that will do a great job w/ stainless sys?
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also have heard good things about http://www.kinneysmufflershop.com/ in Bedford...
nealb
210 Series

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinney's is great

have used them several times

not the cheapest and you need to insist on being present when they install

otherwise, just like any other shop, the guy with the torch does what he thinks is best, whether it is what you asked for or not
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Pronto Muffler in Plano Reply with quote

1800 North Central EXPY Plano. 972-423-7705. Just did 2.5" with H pipe and chrom tips 450.22. They open at 8:00 close at 6:00. I went in 7:50 was first and payed and on the road at 9:30. I brought in the mufflers flowmaster super 40 2.5" O/C I got on e-bay for 65.00ea new store has plenty got in 2 days. I had 2" with glass pac from 1987. Sound is much better I don't sound like a redneck now. Inside is much quieter and it runs a little cooler. Nice job good experience will go back.
Bill Preston
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exhaust and mufflers done at Rich's Performance Muffler in
Wylie a couple of weeks ago. He was very knowledgable and came highly recommended by another collector. He recommended and made some changes to my exhaust system to improve it and put on new pipes and mufflers in an afternoon.

His # is 972-461-0776
belairvette
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: WHAT'S MATTA BEING A REDNECK? WHAT DOES A REDNECK SOUND LIKE Reply with quote

OK, JUST NIGHT CRUISES FOR YOU FROM NOW ON...ha ha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: