NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Race Stop Lewisville July 6th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Great Race Stop Lewisville July 6th Reply with quote

The 25th annual Great American Race is a Time, Speed and Distance Rally starting in Concord, North Carolina and going across the country to Anaheim, California. Sixty-three antique, classic, vintage and special interest cars and trucks stopped in Old Town Lewisville, Texas Friday, July 6, 2007. Competing in this year's event are a couple of tri five Chevys, one is a 1957 red Chevy hardtop entered as Martin Vroom Racing and driven by Gary and Jean-Ann Martin of Louisville, Kentucky. Another 1957 black Chevy hardtop was entered as Smooth & Sassy Racing driven by Les Aseere and Cory Whittle of Parker, Colorado. DACC members displaying their cars in conjunction with the Great Race festivities were Chuck Rader with his red 57 hardtop and Bill Preston with his black and white 57 Corvette. More info and photos of all the participants and the various stops as they make their way across the country can be found at
http://www.greatrace.com/greatrace/gr2007usa/index.php. Thanks to Diane Preston for the photos and report!

Here is the Martin Vroom Racing entry from Kentucky

This is one of the drivers of the Smooth and Sassy Racing entry from Colorado

DACC members Bill Preston with his '57 Corvette and Chuck Rader with his '57 Bel Air Hardtop displayed their cars as part of the festivities
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to stop by and see the cars. My real treat was getting to see them leave. I enjoyed hearing, seeing and smelling the old cars as they passed by.

If the have an event such as the GMA close to home I think I would like to give it a try.
Bill Preston
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're interested in a tour, you might want to check out the
Power Tour. It leaves from Little Rock next year and goes north
to Wisconsin. It's not a Time Speed and Distance Rally, but also not as involved, expensive, and lengthy as this Great American Race.
See next month's DACC newsletter for an article about Larry R's
trip this year. Dean S. and Neal B. also participated this year.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have they announced the dates and driving directions/schedule of events?

I looked in the Hot Rod web page but could not find any information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: