NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stu55

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: HELP! Reply with quote

As many of you know, Marvin Johnson suffered a stroke several months ago. He is recovering from the effects of the stroke, but progress is slow. His speech is impacted, and he still has no use of his right arm. Many of you probably don't know that before his stroke, he embarked on a full frame off on his 57 convertable. The 57 is now ready for the reassembly process. Some of the work has been done, but there is a TON more to do, and frankly Marvin is in no condition ,presently, to do it, and I'm not sure how long it will be until he is able too. He also doesn't have the funds to pay a restorer to put it back together for him.

This sets the stage for the title of this post, HELP! Some of us in the club have frame off assembly experience with these cars. Since they are somewhat like assembling a jig saw puzzle, their is a certain amount of experience required. Also, Marvin desires to build a fine example of the 57, so attention to detail and fit is very important. My thoughts are that as a collective effort from those in the club with the know how, we can help Marvin get his 57 vert back together and have a #1 car.

Over the years Marvin has helped us with technicial matters, parts, part sources, etc, etc, etc. His contributions to the club and its members have been greatly appreciated and my view is that we as a group can help him in a small way by doing this.

Presently Kenneth Burton has done the brunt of the reassembly with me helping the last two saturdays along with some help from Kenneth's son and club member Andy who is doing a frame off 56. Anyone meeting the above criteria can call me at 972-416-3427 or 972-523-0527 if they would like to help and we can set up some type of coordinated effort to get this done. Thanks, Stu Jacobs
orange56
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also in a reply to Stud's post you can call me as well and we can try to get this done. All help is greatly need so as to not burden just a few. My number is 817-975-1955.
Kenneth Burton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: