NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMCCC Drag Race Results - Texas Motorplex Oct 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: TMCCC Drag Race Results - Texas Motorplex Oct 21 Reply with quote

We had a great turnout of tri five chevys for this event, in fact a great turnout in general for the event as several hundred cars made for a full day of racing! DACC had 6 cars representing the Tri Fivers, with a successful day overall for the group with several round wins! Thomas McGee had the worse luck of the day when his nitrous small block twisted the driveshaft and broke a yoke on his stock rear... other than that everyone had a great time .. photos below ...

A super turnout of muscle cars made for a great sunny October day of drag racing as evident of this shot of the staging lanes of cars waiting their turn on the quarter mile!

Tom Walker's trailer serves as Camp DACC at most TMCCC events

Dennis Gormley and his '55 has been the quickest of the DACC bunch recently, here he prepares to make a pass on the Motorplex quarter mile

While Dennis went out in Round 1, he did accomplish one goal for the weekend and that was to run in the 10's with his 3600 lb '55 Chevy, his 1st round loss produced a 10.91 ET @122 MPH !!

Tom McGee joined the group at this event with his beautiful '55 Bel Air 4 dr Sedan, he ran very well with low 13 second ET's but ...

you can't see it very well but a four wheeler is towing Tom back to Camp DACC after breaking a yoke and twisting a drive shaft at the top end

Nitrous plus a stock yoke gets this - Driveshaft = Spaghetti

plus it gets a very PO'd driver!

Tom Walker and his '57 Bel Air went out in R1 with some performance issues but is determined to make the final race in Kennedale with a better set up!

I advanced to Round 2 before losing in my '56 Corvette

Alan Strong made a nice showing by getting to Round 2 also before losing in his '57

The best showing of the bunch was Larry Rollow who advance to Round 3 before losing with his '57 210 Sedan

Here Larry is doing his best to put away a new corvette with a low 14 second ET !

It was a great day of racing for DACC in Ennis!
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://video.cardomain.com/Clip.aspx?key=692DA3CE0C1ED3FF
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: broken 55 Reply with quote

This is Tom. Had a chace to go under the car today. The transmishion is cracked hanging on converter, distributor is broken, yoke on rear is broken and drive shaft is gone. As a joke I think I will send it to Dennies drive shaft and ask them to fix it.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! Not only ouch but Damn!
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of the difficulities. Hopefully you can get it all repaired soon without too much green changing hands.
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: years Reply with quote

the car will will probably sit for years. I just don't have the money looking at $2-4000
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Broken 55 Reply with quote

Tom,
Transmission, Drive Shaft, Distributor & Torgue Converter approx. $1K I don't know about the yoke, just depends on rest of 3rd member.
We don't want you down for years!
Larry
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: well Reply with quote

Well the car is making 420 on the motor and 520ish on nitrous. I cant just put any trans in even if I don't use nitrous (good idea). As far as the rear it was a stock 55 with richmond gears. I am not sure of it's situation. It turnes ok but I noticed the tiers actualy moved on the rims.

If I am lucky
Trans and converter $1000 have no core
drive shaft 400
rear explorer conversion 800-1000 ford 9 1900-2300
distributor 200. I have all mallory.
this is doing all the work (I don't mind) and if the bottom end on my motor is ok.
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Broken 55 Reply with quote

I had my trans case replaced for $250.00 using all my gears plates etc. 'case only' replacement. $321 for a heavy duty drive-shaft and check-at JEGS they have a dist for $90(you might b able to replace that Mallory for less than you think). I think you can get a powerful trans. closer to 500 but you'll have to check. Call Phoenix in Weatherford or I can check with the guy who replaced my case. He has built some pretty strong trans for racing.

It all depends on what you want.
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: sounds good Reply with quote

I will check. I think the trans is shot inside. It took some of the splines out of the trans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: