NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nostalgia Drags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Nostalgia Drags Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the Nostalgia Drags are about, or a link to read about, it that will be held at Denton, North Star Dragway February 23 ?
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.texasthaw.com/

good opportunity to get ready for the TMCCC series! ... I do know that some some of the Outlaw Fuel Altered cars will be there also doing some test/tune runs ... should be interesting ...
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: info Reply with quote

I wrote them and got this responce:

Sent: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 1:59 am
Subject: Re: questions
You do not have to be a member to attend, its open to everyone and will also be kid friendly, if you have children. The brackets are broke up as evenly as we could make. Big ken will have to explain them a little more in detail for you, since he was the one who help write them up. He will most likely return this email early in the morning. If you have any other question or we fail to answer your question please let us know. Hope to see ya there and thanks for the interest.

And from bigken069@yahoo.com

Thanks for asking. All classes will be run 'heads-up'. Cars are classified by weight/engine size as follows:
Street Cars

AA/Gas Big Block engine in a light car with a blower.
A/Gas - Big Block in a light car (Willys/Model A)
B/Gas - Big Block in a heavy Car ('57 Chevy)
OR
Small Block (350) in a light car (Willy's/Model A)
C/Gas - Small Block (350) in a heavy car('57 Chevy)
D/Gas - Flathead or Inline 6 or 8 in any car
MC/Gas - Motorcycle
(Blower/Turbo/Nitrous bumps you up to the next higher class)

All class winners and runners-up will run for Top Eliminator. This field being split down the middle, and running their respective dial-ins. Top half of the field runs for Top Eliminator, bottom half of the field will run for Small Eliminator.

Hope that helps ya, and would like to see ya bring your car out to play. This is more for fun, that cash and prizes. Just give guys a chance to run their hot-rods, and have a great time doing it.
Thanks - BigKen
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Drags Reply with quote

Alan,

Sounds like fun. If I can't take the '57 I may bring my 49 truck. Should run about the same. I think seeing the 'cars' will be exciting enough without racing. We are going to the GOOD-GUYS event in Indianapolis in June. They are having the nostalgia drags & the main reason we are going we get to drive our 57 around the "BRICKYARD" one of my dreams or on my "BUCKET LIST".I have a friend that has a pretty fast 57 but is afraid that they will require a rollbar. Assumes a 10 sec 1/4 or better.
I'll double check the website for all the rules.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about going the event. I'll know for sure a couple of days before.

Larry driving on the brick yard will be super cool. I would love to do that. When I was a kid in the 60's on a trip to visit family my dad stopped at the track. After looking at the museum we took a van ride around the track.

Also, Larry I hope we both get to go to the nostalgia event so I can see your truck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: