NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electric Wiper Motor Conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Electric Wiper Motor Conversion Reply with quote

As a result of the restricted area due to the (3) 2bbls and the fact that the old cables are broken and need to be replaced, I'm looking at the "RainGear Wiper Conversion" that installs solid bars in place of the cables and looks like it mounts to the left of the clutch and brake pedal assembly under the dash. Has anyone out there installed this assembly and if so, are you pleased with it and is there REALLY room there for it with a clutch pedal? Confused
I'm hoping that with this installed and some other electrical problems corrected, I might be able to actually drive it to the Reliable show in March.
Thanks as usual for the help,
Jody
orange56
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not used one of these but do not think the clutch pedal would be a problem. I would call one of the sellers of the item and try toget some feed back.
Kenneth
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Guys,
I bit the bullet and bought thr Raingear wiper system. Has anyone else installed this on their 55/56, (mine is a 55). I've started my installation, and it looks like the passenger side wiper arm is going to interfer with the back of the speaker (original). Also, will there be any interference with my original radio? Sad
Thanks for any help that can be provided.
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success!! Very Happy The Raingear wiper system is in and working great. After fishing through the cluster of wires behind the instrument panel and making a path, the wiper motor assembly installed as described in the instructions. The bar that connects the wiper post that fit through the firewall DID fit behind the original radio and bracket with no conflict. The only interference was between the back of wiper post on the passenger side and the back of the original speaker. After about an hour of crawling in and out from under the dash and a little "southern engineering" by bending the speaker bracket and drilling acouple of new holes. I managed to get the speaker to set lower and "cup" around the back of the clock allowing more room at the back. Since Raingear had no prior information about this interference, I'll be dropping them a line. It sure will be nice to know that the wipers will work everytime and not be dependent on available vacuum.
Now if if I can just get the blinkers working!
See ya'll at Reliable,
Jody
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: