NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

26th Annual Lone Star Classic Chevy Convention

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrayHeadedMule
Tri Five Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: 26th Annual Lone Star Classic Chevy Convention Reply with quote

Is there a link to information on the web for the hotel or do we have to call to make reservations? Is there any information posted anywhere??

Mule
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lone Star in '08 is scheduled for May 2-3, hosted by the Heart of Texas Classic Chevy Club in Waco, to be held at the Czech Inn in West, TX, (located on I-35 between Waco and Hillsboro), my understanding is the 70 room host hotel is full and the nearest overflow rooms are in Waco .. this will be a non judged event I believe and at this time I am not aware of the exact plans or schedule ... our club plans will consist of caravaning to West on Saturday morning May 3rd and returning that evening .. we should know more information about the event itself later...
GrayHeadedMule
Tri Five Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Classic Chevy Show in West, Texas Reply with quote

David, thanks for your response. I called this AM and was able to reserve a room. We'll see you there!

Wayne
Bill Preston
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lone Star XXVI - May 2 &3
at the Czech Inn of West, TX
Located on I-35, 13 miles N. of Waco
Rate 79.00 254-826-0900
www.czechinnofwest.com
(overflow hotels in Waco)

There are only 70 rooms and are probably booked, but call anyway in casse of cancellations.
Show open to 55-72 Chevys, No Judging. Some Specialty Awards (including DACC club choice)
Entry Fee $30 (includes Fri night and T-shirt)

Richard Hykel, Pres. 254-913-3070
Mary Degner 254-732-2782

Registration Fri. May 2 12-5pm & Sat 8 am-noon
Welcome Party with food and beer on Fri night 6-8 pm at Czech Inn

Sat night catered meal next door at KD's Smokehouse at 6 pm
Raffle & 50/50 pot

Hopefully we will be driving down Friday afternoon to be there
before registration closes at 5 pm and to enjoy the Fri evening event.
Anyone wanting to go with us let me know. We leave from Flower Mound
and can meet others along the way.
fiftysixbowtie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Hey David Reply with quote

Is it still the plan to caravan there for just the Saturday of the event? If so, are we paying the fee to register? Will we be partaking in the banquet and other stuff? Has a meeting point been established?
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The club will drive down on Saturday morning of the event (returning that evening), leaving from a yet to be determined location, as for paying of a fee for the event that is your discretion (it appears to get you a T shirt and the Friday night food/beer event), the schedule does not show a banquet as there is no judging ... final plans will be listed in the May newsletter and upcoming club emails ... our club will present a 'Favorite of DACC' Award to our favorite Tri Five Chevy at the event ...
Bill Preston
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Friday Tour info Reply with quote

Diane & I will be driving down Friday afternoon to the Lone Star Convention in West to be there
before registration closes at 5 pm and to enjoy the Fri evening event and stay for Sat night returning Sun.

Anyone wanting to go with us let me know. Weare going to meet at the Cracker Barrel in Desoto, where we met last year.
at 12:30 and have lunch...

Bill & Diane
405-615-3856

Cracker Barrel
Desoto, TX
I-35E , Exit# 416
I-35 & Wintergreen Blvd
1421 N. Beckley Avenue
Desoto, TX 75115-3510
Located off I-35
*Bus & RV Parking Available
(972) 224-3004
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: