NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stu55

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Help needed Reply with quote

I'm presently working out some of the bugs in Marvin Johnson's 57 vert. The gas guage doesn't work properly(barely moves no matter how much gas is in the tank). Before I go through the fun task of draining the tank to remove the sending unit, I would like to find someone who has a 57 sending unit I could borrow and hook up outside the tank, to verify thats the problem. I believe the resistance of the 57 unit is different than the 55, or 56. If they are the same resistance, any year will work. Problem is I have no idea. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Stu
fiftysixbowtie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Sending unit Reply with quote

I have a spare sending unit you are welcome to borrow. I used it to test my guage and it did save me some time and money. I live in Plano so I'm not sure if I'm close to you. Give me a call 972-517-4247

John rush
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu, I also have a spare sending unit, I'm in Southlake. All 3 years use the same resistance, 0 to 30 ohms. Have you taken the wire off the sending unit and see if the gauge goes past full with the key on? Then ground the sender wire to the body and it should go to empty. That will prety much test the gauge and wire. Call me at 817-481-3468 if I can help.
Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: