NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

North Star, TMCCC Drags, 25 October 09, Gates open 09:00

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: North Star, TMCCC Drags, 25 October 09, Gates open 09:00 Reply with quote

Who's planning to attend? Sign in and sound off. For those watching/following the perils and tribulations of the Walker dual quad carb set up problems the solution will likely be divulged at this race. Want to test your equipment, try North Star Friday night's test and tune, gates open 18:00. Who's interested?
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be attending and in the way as normal encouraging Tom on with his 2 4 barrel experiment, hopefully raising that fuel pressure and who knows what other trick will get those things to work like he wants! And Nick had his '56 running pretty good last Sunday and got a few points for us with a couple of round wins so hopefully he can make it again along with James Carson's LS1 '57, and any other DACC folks ... anyone going on the Fall Foliage Tour that can return through Denton should plan to stop by on Sunday, the two time trial runs will take us to Noon, then sometime after that the first round of eliminations will get underway .. event info at www.TMCCC.org, race your car for $25, spectate only for $10 ...
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: DENTON Reply with quote

Well, had to cancel the tour to our disappointment but IF I don't have any diasters like last week I will be there, on time?. When you miss the turn you have to go to Oklahoma to turn around then you're on the other side of the tracks and so on...........!
Looking forward to Ennis the following week. Maybe then I can get the Brisket done so we'll have lunch!
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning to be there. Larry Rollow
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Denton -Larry Reply with quote

Larry,

How's the Studebaker coming along? Looked pretty good when I was over a few weeks ago.
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Stude is just about to be painted. It looks really good. Larry
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does someone have the results they can post? My equipment problems prevented my attendence.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had four cars and pretty good results ..

Larry Rollow made this event and this was his first time on 1/8 mile racing, a red light got him in Round 1 of his class.. James Carson went to Round 2 before being defeated and was eligible for the 'Race Of Champions' (consolation class for all R1 and R2 losers) so he entered in that and went 3 rounds!, Billy and William Walker got taken out in Round 1 of their class, and Dennis Gormley went all the way to the final round of his class before breaking out (going to quick) and losing so he was the runner up! Congrat to Dennis for making the final round and with the great weather it made for a great day of racing for the Muscle Cars!

Some photos from the race ..

Part of Team 'DC' in the pits

James, Dennis and Larry likely looking at a girl walking by ..

Larry Rollow and his '57 210 Sedan

William Walker in the family '55 210 Sedan

James Carson and his '57 Bel Air Hardtop

Dennis Gormley with the wheels up in his '55 210 Sedan

the excitement of the day was when Larry Benson broke a transmission line in his '57 Corvette right at the starting line, here you see him just before the green and the line has just broke

as he left the line, the car darted from the left lane to the right lane as one slick got into the fluid, luckily he did not hit the Christmas Tree or the other car, and although there was some damage to the car's body as it tagged the guardrail, it could have been alot worse, Larry did a great job of catching this before it got way out of hand!

this guy didn't seem to find the races that exciting and got some ZZZZ's as he waited for the call for his class in the pits ... Very Happy
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos, especailly of the Vette losing the trans line. For those who care, I went over and looked at the line that let loose, and what he had was some 3/8 flexible line going to a hard line. The main problem was that the hardline had no proviso to keep the flexible ling from slipping off, and that is just what it did. When I do the same sort of thing, I sweat a ferrel on the end of the steel line, thus making a bulge so when the hose is clamped on behind the bulge, it makes it much more secure. It is not meant as a criticism, but just food for thought. As was said, he did a good job in keeping the incident from getting mush worse.
Nick Roppolo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure wanted to be there, but a family get together in Ft. Worth just didn't allow enough time to do both. I agree great pictures, Dennis way to go.

Don't know if anyone is attending the Nostalgic Drags there at Northstar next Sunday, I know Charlie Roppolo will be there with either his Red Anglia or Yellow Austin. I was going, but we got a letter from Texas Tech inviting us to a ceremony Sunday where our daughter Samantha is getting an award.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: