NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Install problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Two5S
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Install problems Reply with quote

I have my 350 and 700r4 mounted and the angle is reading a negative seven degrees and the rearend a negative 2. The engine height is correct because I used the original mounts to locate the new side mounts. I am taking my readings with the frame supported on stands under the A arms and differential. In order to get the angle closed I would have to raise the rear of the tranny but the tranny would interfere with the body. Oh me boss man what do I do Question Question Question Question Question
Need help.
John
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the frame level when your taking the readings. Is the rear end suspension at ride height? To check the engine angle, the carberator mounting flange should be level with the frame level. This will give about 4 degrees angle down in the rear, of the engine/transmission.
Two5S
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acardon wrote:
Is the frame level when your taking the readings. Is the rear end suspension at ride height? To check the engine angle, the carberator mounting flange should be level with the frame level. This will give about 4 degrees angle down in the rear, of the engine/transmission.
The angle of the intake surface is 2 degrees down with the frame level. My frame is at the bare bones stage less body. I have no wheels on it at this point so I'm sure it is not at ride height.
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to raise the transmission to level the carb mount, if the front of the engine is at the correct height, without the transmission hitting the body. Are you useing a transmission crossmember or the Danchik rear engine side mounts?
Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, two55s, where are you located?
Two5S
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acardon wrote:
You should be able to raise the transmission to level the carb mount, if the front of the engine is at the correct height, without the transmission hitting the body. Are you useing a transmission crossmember or the Danchik rear engine side mounts?
Crossmember.
Two5S
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redtogo wrote:
Hey, two55s, where are you located?

Highland Village, north of Lewisville.
Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be glad to bring my 55 out to you, show you how I set mine up. Sounds like you have the same setup as mine. Call me at 972-262-5632, ask for Marv.
Two5S
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Marv, I'll give you a call Monday afternoon.
Thanks to all the replys.
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: