NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'57 Chevy 210 Wagon Project For Sale / Trade

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Cars & Parts For Sale/Wanted - MOVED TO NEWSLETTER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Low-Blow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: '57 Chevy 210 Wagon Project For Sale / Trade Reply with quote

I bought this car with the intentions of finishing what the previous owner had started. But, my schedule does not allow time for this type of project. The car was disassembled when I bought it. I have gone through the parts and feel that the car is 90% there. The drive shaft and gas tank are not there. Also, the original wheels are not with the car. The gentleman who owned it prior to me had some old camaro style wheels and tires just to move it around. Here's what I can tell you about the rest of the car.

Body: Very straight, with no apparent signs of ever being damaged. Floors are solid. There is rust on the lower front window posts and at the rear drip rail on the passenger side. Also, the lift gate has some rust. Overall, the rust is minimal. Previous owner was from Austin, so the car is painted Orange. The original paint was two-tone (India Ivory and Surf Green).

Interior: Most of the interior had been removed from the car. I have both seats. They are in fair condition. A couple of the door panels are still on the doors. The others have been removed. I also have the FrigiKing Air Conditioner that was with the car.

Chassis: The frame has been blasted and powder coated. It is a 2-Piece Frame.

Front Suspension: New tubular upper and lower control arms, as well as new QA1 coil over shocks (installed). It has new 2" drop spindles (installed) as well as new drilled and slotted discs (installed). The new brake caliper mounts are also installed. I stopped working on the front end when I learned that the brake calipers were not matched. I actually have two of the same caliper. So, it will need a set of calipers. The car will come with a new anti-sway bar kit (not yet installed).

Rear Suspension: New QA1 coil over shock suspension with 2" drop. The rear suspension was bought as a kit. I have already installed the 1/2 leaf springs and the shock relocation bar. The shocks are in place, but will need someone who knows how to correctly position them. The relocation bar is just bolted in at this point. It may have to be re-positioned. Once in the correct location, it will have to be welded in. You will also get a new panhard bar and rear anti-sway bar (not yet installed).

Rear End: I have changed the oil in the rear end. I have also wire brushed it and have it in primer. The gear ratio is 3.36:1. It has drum brakes on the the rear. I bead blasted the drums before I put them back on. You will need to do a rear brake job.

Driveline: I have the original 283 with the 2-Speed Power Glide Transmission. The engine is siezed. I was going to put a 350/700R4 combo back in the car, so I did not mess with the other. The carburetor is not on the engine. I saw a carburetor in a box of miscellaneous parts and am assuming that it goes with the engine.

***Please note that the body, front fenders and hood are located in Katy, TX (just West of Houston). The rest of the car is located in Paradise, TX (just NW of Fort Worth). I will work with you on having the car delivered locally to the Houston or Dallas area. I have the clear title in hand. Please let me know if you have serious interest in the car. Pictures can be viewed here.

http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv159/depcopowersystems/Fifty-Seven%20Wagon%20Project/?start=0

I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. If I don't know the answer, I'll tell you that I don't know the answer. I have nothing to hide. The car will be sold As Is with no Gaurantees.

Price: $4800 OBO (all new parts on the car were purchased from Eckler's Classic Chevy. I counted close to $4500 worth of receipts) I could possibly be interested in a trade. I would be interested in a 49-54 Chevy, 2 Door in running condition.

Thanks,
Jason
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Cars & Parts For Sale/Wanted - MOVED TO NEWSLETTER All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: