NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Collector Car Appreciation Day - Fri July 9th - CRUISE NIGHT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Collector Car Appreciation Day - Fri July 9th - CRUISE NIGHT Reply with quote

The United States Senate recently passed Senate Resolution 513 at the request of SEMA and ARMO, designating Friday, July 9, 2010 as Collector Car Appreciation Day. The day is meant to raise awareness of the vital role automotive restoration and collection plays in American society. This annual recognition is planned for the second Friday of July each year. 2010 is the first year.

Clubs are encouraged to schedule activities to bring awareness to this special day. DACC members are encouraged to drive their Chevy as their everyday car on July 9th and DACC has stepped up one more step and will have a special Cruise Night at Keller's Drive In on Friday night July 9th for burgers and beer. Join us from 7 to 9PM at the legendary Keller's on Northwest Highway just east of Central Expessway and bring that Tri Five Chevy! For info on Kellers http://www.yelp.com/biz/kellers-drive-in-dallas

Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: KELLERS Reply with quote

I would suggest getting there early. I know on Saturday nights it gets pretty crowded. Should be a great time with a lot of great cars from low riders, customs to all out race cars.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to attend the drive-in function. I got my alternator back from the shop. It had a bad voltage regulator and rectifier. Put it back on and it seems to be OK. I wanted to go for a test drive yesterday but due to the rain was unable.
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: KELLERS Reply with quote

There are cars there every Saturday night
fiftysixbowtie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Kellers Reply with quote

Do they still charge an admission fee to show your car?
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Kellers Reply with quote

John and ______

2 years ago they started charging $5 to drive in the back but last year they did not. Not sure about this year. They probably assume that we will eat & drink while we are there. Drink lady outside.
walkers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: kellers Reply with quote

They no longer charge any fees to park out back. he lost a lot business because of that.
fiftysixbowtie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I might be there. Hope to see a good turnout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: