NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wire Harness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Wire Harness Reply with quote

I'm planning ahead for my winter's projects for my 57.

I want to put in a new wire harness.

Any suggestions on which brand or where to purchase a harness?

Any words of wisdom on buying and installing a wire harness?

I have put off buying a harness for years because putting one in scares me. Look at the photo of a new harness:

Should I be afraid? I put in a AC unit and it all works so, would a harness be that much harder?
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately go with the American Auto Wire update harness. It has a lot of the switches and all the plugs you'll need. You can get a cheaper EZ Wire or Painless harness, but it doesn't have any switches or any of the plugs, boots, and you have to splice onto your old wires that go to your lights and instrument panel. The inexpensive harnesses are a fuse block with a bunch of wires. I know, I have an EZ wire harness. The AAW harness wires are terminated on both ends with the correct connectors. Honest, I don't have any stock in American Auto Wire, it's just so much simplier to install, "even a cave man can do it". Very Happy If you do need any help it's just a keyboard away. Smile
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have to take you dash board apart? And if you do, how hard is that to do?

[url][/url]
melody57
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Wireing Reply with quote

I sure have good look with Ron Francis, you ought to compare them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: