NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CANT FIND THE RIGHT HEADERS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UK57Chevy210

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: CANT FIND THE RIGHT HEADERS Reply with quote

My Eldlebrock RPM equiped(heads manifold cam) 327 in my 57 generates a lot of underhood heat. The headers on there at present are custom built but fill most of the gap around the side of the motor. So some guys have sugested that block huggers would be the way to go, but looking at most fitment charts they dont fit angle plug heads. I have emailed Summit and Hooker and both have come back stating that they have nothing to fit my application. Please help me out here guys I cant be the first person to have angle plug RPM heads in a Tri-chevy that wants to fit block huggers? P.S. I am running a front motor plate but with stock located steering box.

Cheers, Terry in the UK
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered some cc55 headers from Sanderson that are susposed to fit a tri-5. They should be here this week. The cc55 is for straight plug heads but they have a cc55ap for angle plug heads on a tri-5. Here is the link. http://www.sandersonheaders.com/guide_mm_55to57chevy.php I'll let you know how they fit as soon as I get them. I'm waiting on the headers so I can crank the engine to break it in and check it out.
UK57Chevy210

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mate! Please do let me know how you get on with yours.

Terry.
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: jet hot Reply with quote

Have you looked at putting jet-hot on your old headers. I think it cut my temp in half. You can have it done around town
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Patriot 3/4 length headers on my car and am very happy with them. They clear everyth8ng and are well made.
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ups delivered my Sanderson CC55 headers yesterday and they have plenty of clearance for the 605 steering box.
belairvette
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: ANGLE PLUG HEADERS Reply with quote

Terry, I used Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers(www.dougthorleyheaders.com) on my 350. Great headers. They're more expensive but they're the best. Ed
Two5S
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry,
As Rollow said I also have Patriot 3/4 length headers on my 55 with side mounts and they clear everything including my R&P steering but I don't know how they would work in your application. Mine are designed to set out further out on the driver side to clear the R&P.
John]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: