NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Painters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Painters Reply with quote

OK guys. I know this one will get a LOT of replies, so here goes. I think I'm at the point of gutting the interior and start looking for someone to do body & paint. Mine is the "mostly used to be " white with 3-2 bbls and what's left of a ribbon painted on the trunk. The body is straight, but will need some work. I've only been able to talk with David from KlassicKustoms at the Reliable show so far. He has done Nick Ropollos work and his car looks great. I'm not looking for a "show-car" level paint job, just a nice 2-color street driver. "Off the Frame" would be considered if recommended. I know I need front floor pans and I may be doing that myself. I would like to know who did YOUR car, were you satisfied with the service and where are they located?
Thanks in advance for your help with monumental decision!
Confused
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience/feedback about using A&R Restorations in Emory, Tx?
fiftysixbowtie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: painter body man Reply with quote

I used a guy in Royse City named John Klump 469-438-5124. His price was much easier to swallow than anyone else I contacted.
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John. I'll check him out. You hit the nail on the head. I'm trying to prepair for "sticker shock" on what it's going to take get my car "right". I'm checking out several surrounding shops.
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Guys. I ended up taking my car to Justin Gillard with Rondos Custom Rodz in Trenton, Tx. Replacing quarters, rockers and front floor pans. I'll try to get some photos along with more of the story in the Projects listings.
fiftysixbowtie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. That's exciting to finally get it started. Do yourself a favor and visit the shop very frequently and take photos. You may need to reference what's under the covers (wiring, welds, etc.) in the future. I wish I had taken more.
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John. It is exciting and scary at the same time. Finding the "right" time to get the body started was like finding the right time to get sick or take a vacation...you just have to do it! I have been going out to the shop almost weekly ( when I take the check for that weeks work) and taking pic's. The guy doing the work says he's taking photos also so he can put a book together when it's finished. I hope to figure out how to post some pictures on here tonight. Embarassed
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I finally got some photos posted in the MISC forum under SHOW US / TELL US about your projects! It's going to be long road!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: