NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WRENCHES Project - Saturday Jan 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> WRENCHES - (Wacky Retirees Enjoying Neat Chevys, Hot rods, Engines & Stuff)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: WRENCHES Project - Saturday Jan 22 Reply with quote

Our next WRENCHES Project is Saturday January 22nd beginning at 9AM and this will be a total front end rebuild on James Sparrow's '56 Bel Air. The plan is to replace all the upper/lower control arm bushings, upper/lower ball joints and new springs. James lives in Prosper, which is just north of Frisco. For specific address info, contact Bill Preston or Don Andre at WRENCHES@DallasClassicChevy.com or you can call Bill at (405) 412-0502. This will be a great opportunity to lend your knowledge and skills or learn what it takes to do a front end rebuild on a Tri Five Chevy so plan to join the WRENCHES effort Sat 1/22 at 9AM!
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wrenches was a big success today with completing James' front end on his 56. A good group of 7 club members were in attendance.
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the food was great. Very Happy
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got this note from James Sparrow on the WRENCHES effort with his '56 ..

This is my story and I’m sticking to it.

I’ve been told that winter is a good time to do old car projects. Since I don’t drive my car much in the cold and wet winter weather I decided I would overhaul the front end of my 56. I wanted to do the repairs in my garage so I started taking inventory on the tools I would need, realizing there were quite a few required. I had just read in the DACC monthly news letter that if you needed some help or mechanical expertise, it was just a phone call away. I decided to call “DACC WRENCHES”, headed up by Bill Preston and Don Andre and ask them if I could borrow a few tools. Immediately Bill said “Sure” but asked, “What are you doing and when do you plan to start?” I told him truthfully that I was not real sure but that I was attempting to change out the bushings in my front end.

The next thing I knew, Bill was calling me back asking for directions to my house so that he and numerous DACC guys could come over and help. I was certainly overwhelmed when seven guys showed up around 9:00 a.m., ready to help with my project. After a few fresh donuts and a couple cups of coffee, the fun began. We took a long lunch break and by 4:30 p.m. the car was finished. This was a total team effort that would have taken me more than one day to complete. When working on cars, “fun” is measured by the amount of tools that are still in the toolbox at the end of the day. Take it from me, we had a BLAST!!!

My appreciation goes out to all involved. I feel the most important things that I received besides getting my car repaired, was the fellowship with club members and all their mechanical know-how. If you need some help or some great knowledge about Tri-Fives, I guarantee “WRENCHES” can come up with a solution that will get the job done.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> WRENCHES - (Wacky Retirees Enjoying Neat Chevys, Hot rods, Engines & Stuff) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: