NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upholsterer recommendation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemo
210 Series

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Upholsterer recommendation Reply with quote

I've been doing my upholstery a little at a time and am down to some final pieces but the guy I've been using is having health problems. Are there any out there you've used and had a good experience?

Thanks,
Jeff
55jlc
210 Series

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: upholstery Reply with quote

I used Prestons Upholstery in Irving on both my '55 and my El Camino and was very pleased with the work he has done for me.
Good Luck,
Jim
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used Ray's Auto Trim on Plano Road and have had good results.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep .. I used Ray's Auto Trim once .. and it turned out to be once to many, cause this is what I got back after the shop had a little fire there, no shop insurance and nothing to compensate me so I got left holding a empty bag .. this was before I learned the value of lawyers .. never again ..

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
melody57
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: SHOP FIRE Reply with quote

Sorry to see your loss David. This happens more times than you think.
When you have insurance coverage on your vehicle and your insurance company pays out on a claim they do go after the shop owner if he doesn't have insurance. The shop is responsible for the vehicles in their care, custody and control.
You can have insurance coverage on a vehicle while you are building it and before it is completed.
fiftysixbowtie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who did you decide to use, Jemo? I may be looking for a shop to tighten my headliner. Anyone have any suggestions for a shop in the Plano area?
DavidM
150 series

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Dee Trim shop at 1730 Millard. http://www.deetrimshop.com/ They did the whole interior of my 55 wagon and it's one of the things that gets the most comments - in a good way! Their work is excellent and they deserve a recommendation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: