NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Muscle Car Drags, Redline, October 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Muscle Car Drags, Redline, October 21 Reply with quote

The Redline event is a few days away. Last Sunday at the Denton event the "Three Amigos" (Burton, Carsen, Walker) indicated going. Weather looks good. Not sure but burgers and dogs are in the works for lunch. Any cooks coming?
Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Redline Reply with quote

I plan on being there and can burn a mean patty.
orange56
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be going looks like a very early start for us to make it on timr. Also I will wash the car. Kenneth
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how to start this but it was a good points day for the club at the Texas Muscle car club challenge, Redline Raceway, October 21st. The Three Amigos were in good form. The Mr 7 and 15 amigo (a take off of Mr 5 and 50 from the old super stocker days) went to the finals of the consolation event for bridesmaide taking. Then the other Two Amigos each went all the away to the SemiFinals for their classes. But the best part was the burgers and dogs prepared by Marvin. Good stuff. Thanks Marv..We do this stuff for a living and count on good cooks.
Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Redline Reply with quote

For those who aren't familiar with the car numbers (namely me!), how about saying which car year placed where, since there was a 55, a 56 and a 57 competeing. Or maybe using the first name of car owners.
Cooking a few burgers was my pleasure and the least I could do for you guys who represent the club so many times during the racing season with little or no support from the club and spending your own money in the process. Race on.
orange56
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the blue 56 sedan went to the semi-finals along wiith the black sedan delivery that went to the semi-finals. The black LS3 57 hardtop was great fun to watch as it went all the way to the finals of the consolation bracket and the big red light was the object that got in the way of a win.
Kenneth
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a pigeon dropped off this photo at the DACC headquarters showing a collection of '55-'57 Chevys from DACC at the race at Redline

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: