NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Green Valley Raceway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Green Valley Raceway Reply with quote

I was reading a web article about Green Valley Raceway. It had this satellite photo:
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=14&X=3336&Y=18207&W=2
The photo was from 1995.

To get a newer satellite photo I Went to Google and got this one:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=north+richland+hills+tx&ll=32.897894,-97.210776&spn=0.016397,0.031393&t=k&hl=en

This one is 3 to 4 years old.

So what I'm getting at is, is it still there? It looks like in the last photo there are yellow earth movers parked in the old parking lot.

If it is I bet there is a fence around it because other wise someone would take a lap on it for old time’s sake.
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, it's still there. Probably waiting on the goverment check that qualified it a super fund clean-up site due to all the blown motor's, dumped oil, and buried parts. I'm just kidding.

I ran at the Valley with my '56 chevy sedan delivery and a '67 Chevelle nobody knows about back in the mid '70's. My last time out there was the the very first Super Chevy Show in Texas. I'd have to check my paper drag stats file to verify the year (86 or 87), anyway it was a grand success. Graves has that date. When was it Dave?
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom.. not sure without digging out my photos.. but I also was at that first what was then called 'Super Chevy Sunday' ..

and as for Green Valley today.. funny you should ask, I just finished helping a fellow regarding this .. go to this website .. http://fordflashback.com/lostdragstrips.asp ... there you will find sections on the two local major race tracks that are no longer with us ... these are all way before the Texas Motorplex and TMS ...
nealb
210 Series

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they ran Can Am there in the late 60s

got a Can Am history book with photos

I ran an autocross there in 1987, the SCCA's last ever event there

last time I was by there, it was being converted to a subdivision
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: