NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMCCC Drags Ardmore Sunday 9/29

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: TMCCC Drags Ardmore Sunday 9/29 Reply with quote

Who will be going north of the Red River to earn points for DACC?
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
orange56
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be going but the weather doesn't look good for sat or sunday 70% chance of rain. You will need to check the TMCC chat board before you head out Sunday morning.
Kenneth
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be doing the same; watching the weather. I'm out in east Texas and will need to depart from here about 05:00, Sunday. All my equipment is out here with me. The one way trip is 170 miles. Can't go Sat night as I have to care for animals before the departure Sunday AM. The club standing could use this race's "double points".

Oh yes, if a club member wants to ride with me from north Dallas, my route has me running 635 to I35E. I could slide off for a pick-up. Only have one seat. PM me.
mrcar9155
210 Series

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready to go also, but am not too hopeful after looking at the forecast. Looks like it will be a game day decision that morning.

I was considering going up the day before and running their Saturday bracket program, but that day is not looking good as far as weather either.

I'll be watching the weather closely!
orange56
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The race is on unless there is a last minute change. Check the TMCC site before heading out in the morning.
mrcar9155
210 Series

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loaded up and ready. Hitting 35W north of Ft. Worth about 0700.

Keeping fingers crossed that the rain is done and we get the race in.

Drive safe and I'll see everyone there in the morning!
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

results???
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
ChrisB
150 series

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Fun day in Oklahoma! Reply with quote

The weather ended up being gorgeous in Oklahoma and even though we were on grass, it was not muddy! Our Fearsome Four of club Drag racers did great. We had some luck both go our way and not go our way. We had some close races. Unfortunately, Tom had one of those close races and was out after the first round. Ken made it to the second, and then both James and Jim were eliminated in the third round. Ken joined the consolation bracket and was able to get a couple more runs in. Over all, there were a few less cars than normal, but it was a nice place and a beautiful day!

Chris ( Jim's Pit Crew )

Tom, please add a more detailed recap. Very Happy
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This race boiled down to the real pros at this event. The heavy hitters came out, including DACC. Of course the closeness at the finish and the red lights were in the thousands of seconds. I believe we did good and are a club to be recognized. Thanks to the DACC members making the trip. It was a really good event for us. BTW, club members JimB, JCars, and KenB are pushing the leaders in their points races. The next event at Redline event keeps this push going. Help out the Dallas Area Classic Chevys by coming out to race with us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: