NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5 speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
57 Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: 5 speed Reply with quote

I got a 57 210 that has a 85 Chevy 350 in it with a mild cam and a 600 cfm carb. It's a daily driver that gets about 90 highway miles on it per day. Right now I get about 14-15 mpg with the original 3 speed in it, and have concluded that with gas prices as high as they are, the cost of a new clutch and a used tranny with overdrive could be paid for very quickly. I was thinking about going with a Borg Werner t-5 from a 83-92 Camaro, but am not set on that if their is something better to use. Any shared thoughts or expereinces with this would be greatly appriciated.
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to DACC forum. The stock overdrive would be the easiest install, if you could find one. I think it gives a .7 overdrive. You wouldn't have the linkage problems or have to go to a floor shift, which is sometimes a problem with the bench seat in the way of the floor shift. What rear end ratio do you have? A different rear end ratio might help also.
57 Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: rear ratio Reply with quote

I still have the stock rear end in it. I may be wrong, but isn't it a 3.55?
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you a long PM and wondered if you got it. I am no jgood with computers, so I wanted to make sure I did it correctly. Larry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: