NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cruising for Calories and Poker Run

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Cruising for Calories and Poker Run Reply with quote

****The weather should be perfect****

‘It’s The Pits’ Cruise

Poker run and Cruise to Pittsburg, Texas

We’ll meet in McKinney Saturday, June 13th at 9:00 (9:30 departure) in the parking lot of the South East corner of I75 and 380 (University), between the Olive Garden Restaurant and Braums for a slow cruise through east Texas to the famous Efurd Orchards in Pittsburgh
( efurdorchards.com ). They are famous for their fresh vegetables and fruits along with homemade ice creams.

This will be a long Cruise, about 115 miles each way but the scenery is great. We’ll stop for lunch (‘made from scratch’ Pizza) in Winnsboro and cruise out to the orchard to grab some fresh goodies, then head back. We should be home by about 4:00 p.m.
The restaurant in Winnsboro accepts Visa credit card but NOT Amex.

In case of a rain out, this cruise will be cancelled.

Marv Cowden

Last edited by Marv Cowden on Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:16 am; edited 2 times in total
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deal me in. Cruisin', Gamblin', and eatin', can't get any better.

Don
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can get my car out of garage (we're in a major
Remodel and all inside in garage)

We'll be there!!
I can use the MONEY!!!!

1957 Chevy BelAir
1949 Chevy Truck

Thought for the day-

Horsepower: "If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right
Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Rain-Out Reply with quote

THINK SUNSHINE!

Last edited by Marv Cowden on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we go no matter what. They have moved the threat of rain down to 40 percent, with less than one tenth of accumulation and wildly scattered. Usually, on 5 day forecasts the weather comes a day later than predicted. So, it will be more miss than hit with getting rain on the TRI5.

I say the most of the fun is the drive, the adventure and the a bond created by a shared interest or experience with club mates. Driving my TRI5 is just icing on the cake rather than mortar for the bricks. What is so bad about driving my Lexus? (My old Pappy is turning over in his grave, buy American!)

Then again! REAL MEN DRIVE THEIR TRI5 IN THE RAIN! or so they say.

If we reschedule; it will just rain the rescheduled day, the way things are going this year.

All being said, that is my choice between the the two evils that are low turn out on a rescheduled date or a lower turn out due to rain.

Sorry, about my attitude. The weather problem has exceeded the limits of my medication.

Anyway, thank you Marvin & et al., in advance, for planning and hosting the cruse. I know how much time and effort it takes to set up a successful club event.

Last edited by 57boxman on Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I think it's too early to worry about the weather. They are usually wrong and the 40% could be ALL to the West or South. Gotta plan on going and wait till the last minute to rescedule.

Don
Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Sunshine Reply with quote

Yeah, the chances for rain are diminishing, should be fine on Saturday.
Think Sunshine!
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you "Marvin Cowden" for a great cruise and thank you "Vickie Penney" for a great poker run. Lots of peaceful countryside cruisin' the backroads of East Texas. We ate lunch at Monks Pizza in Winnsboro. They had our table ready when we arrived. We got our drinks within a few minutes and out food within 10 minutes, and it was very good. On to Pittsburg for some wonderful peach ice cream and some good fruits and vegies at Efrds Orchards.
Our ladies chairwoman (Vickie) did her usual good job with the poker run and I won the big bucks.
Jo and I "O.D.ed" on ice cream and fun was had by all.
Thanks again Marvin and Vickie

Don and Jo.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great turnout of Tri Five Chevys today and a very memorable Poker Run, super route, great venues - these events are some of our most popular and when we do them YOU need to be a part of them. Nothing like getting the family in the Chevy and tour the beautiful Texas countryside! Who needs the over produced, over crowded Power Tour when for FREE you can hang out with folks who love Tri Fives (sorry no modern iron!), get some great food, do some fun driving all in your own backyard! Our next DACC cruise event is September 20th so make plans to be a part of it! THANK YOU Marvin C and Vickie P for all your efforts! Be sure to check out the photos soon on the club website!
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for setting up such a fun event. I had a great time and can't wait to do it again!
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! What a great cruise! East Texas was in full bloom and the roads were in great shape. The pizza stop was Hot and Ready for our group with your choice of salads. The orchard stand had a variety of fresh vegetables and if you wanted a cool desert they had homemade ice cream and not just chocolate and vanilla. Ever had Cantaloupe, Sweet Potato or Blue berry and Strawberry but I had the Peach which was great and Dianne had the Vanilla
The TriFives were and always are a Big hit with the locals and fellow travelers
We had one more stop at a burger place on the way back to the MetroPlex and looking forward to our next cruise. A BIG thank You to Marvin and Vickey for the routing through east Texas and the Poker Run

If you missed it mark your calendar for the next one

You won't know what you've missed until you have made the cruise!!

1957 Chevy BelAir
1949 Chevy Truck

Thought for the day-

Horsepower: "If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: