NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Used Parts Rant!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Used Parts Rant!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Is the used parts market dead? Do you think the guy who likes to work on his car is long gone? Was the mindset of doing it yourself, the cheapest and most creative way, while being ever mindful to make the car look cool and improve performance; even back in the day really a thing? Or, just my look at Hot Rodding past with rose colored glasses? Or, was my life experiences of growing up in Peoria and the way my car guy Heroes did things make me different? My pondering thoughts!!!

Last edited by 57boxman on Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
orange56
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen I do still redo a lot of my old parts on the cars I am working on. That being said a lot of the older classic parts are being replace with new better performing parts.
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. There is so many parts for tri-5's reproduced, that used parts don't need to be reconditioned. Now if your restoreing a Hudson or AMC, your gonna have to look for a lot of used parts.
I think there is less and less original restorations being done and more restomods, that don't use as many original parts.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, that I am traveling the road less traveled. I now better understand the TRI5 hobby/business better than before this post. I guess, I'm like most people in the fact that I have preconceived ideas and needs to fulfill in my car hobby. That is what makes it so much fun. I do things the way I want to, because it fun for me. The way I want to go about my hobby may or may not be the next guy's pleasure button, but that's OK, Right! I just wish my way didn't take so long. All in all hot rods are fun!! Laughing Rolling Eyes
Briney
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You taken the road less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference too you.

Patrick
Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Junk Reply with quote

I've experienced the same frustration as you, Alan. When making changes to your ride, the pile of old parts gets higher. I'm afraid the only solutions I've found are 1) practically give them away or 2) make something artsy/ fartsy out of them to sell at a garage sale. Works every time.

Keep on Cruising
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: