NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMCC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: TMCC Reply with quote

Is anyone going to the March 12, Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge Race, Texas Raceway, Kennedale? Gates open 9AM, Entry $25 Spectator $10 more info [url]www.TMCCC .org [/url]
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan .. give us a report when you can from the event ...
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TMCC held its first race at Kennedale. The weather was windy, 25 mph but straight down the track and warm.

I guess Tom’s car was still broken. He told me after rebuilding his motor he has a water leak. I guess he didn’t get it fixed since he was a no show.

After arriving, two time trials were completed to see what ET to dial in the race. The first I left the line at idle and had a slight bog but still ran my best ET of the day 9.762. My second run I left the line at 2000 rpm I think. I really didn’t look. I spun the tire and had to peddle her to run a 9.876. With those ETs, I decide to dial in at 9.65.

I’m trying to remember to do things while racing like check the dial in time, set the RPMs at staging and the look at the win lights at the end. As much as I tried, I still didn’t remember to do everything. I need to remember to set my RPMs when staged to 1500 RPMs and look at the win lights. I’m going to have to sneak off to make some practice runs. Denton has been vandalized and is not open yet so I don’t know when or how I’ll get that done.

First elimination I forgot to rev up after staging, I was also surprised that the other person’s light started before mine. I need not to look at the other person’s light and concentrate on my own.

I cut my best light ever but bogged the motor where it stalled for a second making me peddle the motor. The stumble put me too far behind and at mid track I gave up.

Oh well, on the bright side I didn’t break anything and I cut my best light ever. In addition, what’s more important I had a great time.

Sorry, no photos. My camara had a bad battery.

I had a friend who said he would try to video tape me on a run. If he was able to he will post it on his web page.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well sounds like your learning so that makes the effort worthwhile .. I hope to join in on the series sometime this year with my '56 Vette once it gets road ready .. I guess Rodney Nevils wasn't there with his vette ?? well next race is the Sunday March 26th on the quarter mile Texas Motorplex .. thanks for the report ..
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all the drag racers.
After mising the Texas Raceway TMCCC event on 12 March, I'm planning after work Friday 17 March PM to head out to the MotorPlex, Ennis, http: //www.texasmotorplex.com/cal/calendar.php for a first test of the 2006 year. The track opens at 18:00 Friday.
The full quarter mile blast is a good test and should uncover problems needing attention on my modified equipment.
Anyone interested in a test session before the next Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge Race at this track on Sunday, 26 March?
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to go. I am in the proces of putting in new ball joints and upper and lower A-arm bushings. Tomorrow I plan to press in the bushings and start putting it all back to gether. I give myself a 10% chance of getting finished in time to go to Ennis. Even so, the wife and kids are going to a concert and I'll be on my own so I may want to go watch. What time are you going to get there? What time is it over?

I would like to go after 7:00 so I would not to have to fight traffic driving throught Dallas so I couldn't get there until 8:00.

Alan
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My project is severely slowing down. I have angered my tendentious in my right arm and shoulder. I wanted to work all day and finish and go to Ennis but that is out of the question. Here are photos of my project in progress.

I have also bought tie rod end, both sides, and a sway bar. I will put them on next.

I hate having my car undriveable. As much as I like working on the old girl I love driving her even more.

Alan
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking good!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: