NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goodguys 26th Lone Star Nationals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briney
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Goodguys 26th Lone Star Nationals Reply with quote

I spoke with David Graves about Goodguys car show at TMS and he recommended that I post this on the chat board to see if I get a response.

I have been attended the Goodguys car show, both fall and spring for about 15 years. Each time, I have run into about ½ a dozen or more club members. I’m posting to see if anyone else is planning to go and interested in meeting and hanging out as a group.

It’s nice that they have designated parking for our Tri-Fives on Saturday now.

Please respond if you are planning to attend and interested in meeting up. I would like to see as many club members as possible.

My cell # phone is: 214-938-3488

Goodguys
Event Website: https://www.good-guys.com/lsn

Dates: September 28th, 29th, and 30th
The host hotel for Goodguys: Marriott Champion Circle

We recognize that some people’s schedules don’t allow the flexibility that we have.

Several people live close enough to drive from home each day. We live in Richardson and driving back and forth each day is quite tiring, so we just go to the hotel on Thursday afternoon and stay Thursday and Friday nights and attend the show on Friday and Saturday. Seldom do we stay for the show on Sunday unless someone we know has a nominated car.

We NEVER NEVER pre-register for the Goodguys event only because when we do it always seems to get rained out. Therefore, we register at the hotel Thursday evening upon arrival. After registration we hang out at the hotel, have drinks, dinner, listen to the music being played by goodguys in the parking lot, sit around and watch all the cars come in for the event, and talk with other car people. The hotel parking is great for people who have trailers and the security is good about watching the cars.

At the speedway, we usually pitch a canopy for shade and use a lot of weights to hold it down. Throw out some chairs and chill. It’s nice having the shade as it gets hot out there, the cooler full of cold beverages should be a given. I like to take my scooter and ride over to the swap meet area and look at the stuff and check out all the cars along the way. Later, around 3 pm or so, we head back to the hotel and chill and watch all the cars come back from the show for the day. Then more music, food, drinks, and hanging out.

Thanks,

Patrick & Crishana Briney

Last edited by Briney on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marriott across from the speedway is full. I waited too late to try to book a room. I did get a room reserved at the Residence Inn by Marriott down the road by Alliance airport. Has anyone ever stayed there? Any problems with staying overnight there with your car? If there aren't good reviews for this hotel, I may still have time to change to another.
Thanks in advance,
Jody
Briney
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jody,

I can’t say if that Marriott is good or bad... I can tell you I and others have stayed at the Marriott Solana TX 1301 Solana Blvd. , Westlake TX. It’s right off 114 east of the speedway. It has a parking garage for covered parking. We liked it, and like I said others going to GoodGuys have used it. It’s 8.4miles from the speedway.

Hope we get together, call me the early in the week of the show and we can firm up plans...
p

Patrick
Briney
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Update on Show Reply with quote

Hi all - I have gotten numerous calls texts and emails from club members saying they were attending the show. If you are on the fence about coming just know there are several club members who will be attending so come on out, even if your car is at home.

We will have a tent near the cars for shade and rest. A parking spot on Friday has not been determined but you should have any trouble finding a bunch of tri-fives clustered together.

On Saturday we plan to park in the Goodguy's designated Tri-Five parking area and the tent will be along the chainlink fence near the entrance to the parking.

If you are planning to come this is my cell phone 214-938-3488, give me a call.

Thanks, Patrick

Patrick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: