Joined: 02 Jun 2005
Location: Warsaw, TX
|Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:11 am Post subject: DACC - General Meeting Minutes 11-17-18
|DACC GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
Taken by Larry Epperson
Site – HULA HUT RESTAURANT – Little Elm, Texas
David Graves, President, called the meeting to order.
Intro – Board of Directors, members/visitors
1) Board members present were David Graves, Larry Epperson, Marlene Graves, Diane Preston, John Yoby and Steve Pratt.
2) Elections –Secretary Larry Epperson conducted elections and the following were on the ballot: Vice President- Greg Hedum, Treasurer – Marlene Graves, Board Member- Steve Pratt and Jim Conkle was nominated for the board position that was temporarily filled by Diane Preston. All nominees were reelected/elected for a two year term.
1) Review of this year’s events – events were held monthly with good attendance.
2) Club sponsors remained intact through 2018, Reliable Chevrolet, Heritage Insurance, and Rico & Son’s Automotive and Authentic Automotive.
3) Membership Status Nov 2009-161; Nov 2010-165; Nov 2011-170;
Nov 2012-167; Nov 2013-168; Nov 2014-154; Nov 2015-149; Nov 2016-170; Nov. 2017-147; Nov 2018 – 146 members.
4) Financial Report – With the hosting of Lone Star this year, our expenses exceeded income. Our anticipated turnout for Lone Star was significantly lower than budgeted and that resulted in a negative cash flow for 2018 for the club. Income for 2018 was $24,347, expenses was $32,213. Remove the Lone Star event and the club financially did well. Cash on hand as of Nov 2018 is $1453 with a little over $6000 debt remaining to be paid off (due to Lone Star).
5) DACC-WRENCHES – No assist projects happened in 2018. Members are encouraged to contact DACC WRENCHES Reps Don Andre or Bill Preston to schedule projects.
6) DACC Drag Racing report finds DACC finished 6 out of 12 in the Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge series in the 3A class. Rodney Nevils finished highest individually by placing 4th out of 22 racers in the Super Class. In Southwest Heritage Racing Association, Jim Baughan captured his 3rd Old School No Electronics class championship by a narrow 9 points over 35 other racers.
7) December club event discussed, Handicap Wheelchair Ramp and Christmas Party on Dec 8th
8.) There was no additional old business
1) 2019 Club Schedule is tentative, with a highlight being the 37th Lone Star Classic Chevy Convention hosted by Houston weekend April 12-14. The 5th Tri Five Nationals in Bowling Green, Kentucky on August 8. 9, & 10. There was a comment about some having overnight ‘mini’ trips, and David stated if anyone wishes to organize any to coordinate with him and those will be added.
2) A big part of our website and newsletter is the monthly Feature Car segment. If your car has not been featured, please contact David Graves and arrange a time when he can meet with you to take pictures of your car. We are also looking for stories that you may have concerning your ‘Other Car’ (your non ’55-’57 Chevy collector car) that you may have. Also we have a ‘Member’s Photos from The Past’ in our monthly newsletter where members can submit a picture of themselves in their youth hopefully with a car in the background for members to ‘guess who’ prior to reading the answer. Photos for that segment are needed.
3) Last call for cars for the club display at the Autorama in February.
4) Memberships are available for sign up to the American Tri Five Association and DACC merchandise is available after the meeting.
Meeting was dismissed.
In My Garage -
'55 Bel Air Hardtop
'55 Bel Air 2dr Sedan
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage