NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks for thoughts and prayers ..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject: Thanks for thoughts and prayers .. Reply with quote

Marlene and I wanted to say thanks to those who have sent their prayers and good thoughts our way the past month. Most are not aware but in early May a motorcycle ride up into Oklahoma turned ugly as we returned. It was our first day trip on the Indian Chief Vintage motorcycle that I picked up last fall. Less than an hour from home in Van Zandt County we were traveling down Farm Market Road 243 when we approached a cross road. The cross road had stop signs and as I approached a SUV stopped. Just as we arrived at the intersection they pulled out and I had no time to react. The cruise control on the bike was set at 65 mph and we slammed into the vehicle. I remember hitting the SUV but I went out after the impact and woke up sometime later looking straight up laying on the road. Marlene was in a similar situation. I was not able to move or set up so I could not see anything. Long story short, I got 5 fractured back ribs, Marlene received 2 fractured vertebrate, I had extensive deep bruising on my left side and my left arm. I got some time in intensive care, we both got about 5 days in the hospital and are currently home recuperating, slowly getting better. The docs say another 4-8 weeks and we should be good, I will believe it when it happens! Right now we are pretty beat up! I would never ride in the metro area just for safety reasons. But there are bad drivers everywhere and with my luck I found one out in the middle of nowhere. We both should have been much more severely injured or killed but God wasn't ready for us just yet. We are so thankful for that. Again, thank you to those who were aware of the situation and provided prayers and positive vibe! IT WORKED! AND PLEASE DRIVE SAFELY! Oh and my bike was totalled! uggg!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage

Last edited by David Graves on Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Irv
210 Series

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Get well soon! Reply with quote

Just found out about your accident from the email today. So glad ya'll are recovering and we pray for your speedy return to everyday life. 2020 has really been a year we would all like to forget!

Irv & Peggy Engelbrecht
Lufkin, TX
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow guys! I'm just reading about your accident. So sorry ya'll suffered the injuries you did, but thank GOD ya'll weren't killed. We'll be sending prayers up for your recovery.
Take Care,
Jody & Devona Stiff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: