NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wiring Harness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
56Rick
210 Series

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Wiring Harness Reply with quote

Well, I'm sure this has been discussed in the past, but I just got here. Wink

Looking for recommendations for wiring harnesses for my 56 Chevy 210.

Bought it off the drag strip many years ago, and the previous owners must have had a big roll of orange aircraft wire, because most of the wiring is orange. Smile

Car is a driver, not a show car. Not original either. It is 12 Volt, with alternator. 427 BB. 4 Speed.

As the car has no fuse panel, I would like to rewire it for both safety and future use. Anyone have any experience with companies that make good quality wiring harnesses?

Thanks,
56Rick
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

American Auto Wire makes the most complete harness that I know of. There are much cheaper harnesses, but most of them consist of a ATO fuse box and a bunch of different colored wire attached. American Auto Wire has a "Factory Fit" harness that has all the connectors, bulb sockets, boots, terminals all ready attached to the correct length wires. It's a plug-and-play install, just like the factory installed it. No splicing to old wires or sockets.
They also have what they call an up date harness, that has extra fusees and wires, for power windows, doors, fuel pump, etc. but it requires crimping terminals to most of the wires. It's designed for custom routing of the wires to hide them.
Most of the vendors carry American Auto harnesses.
56Rick
210 Series

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject: Wiring Reply with quote

Thank you, I will check them out!
Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: