NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Floorboard Underside Rust

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
56Rick
210 Series

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Floorboard Underside Rust Reply with quote

My 56 sat in the weeds for quiet a few years. I have it 'rescued' and on a new car lift now in my shop. But the bottom of the floorboard is covered in surface rust. I don't have access to a rotisserie so I was thinking of having someone soda blast the bottom while it was in my shop.
However, my research shows that soda blasting is not very effective on surface rust. I really hate to make a big mess with a sandblaster inside the shop.

My alternative is to roll it outside and raise one end up at at time with my International Harvester tractor that has a front bucket on it. Car has no drive train, so it's not that heavy. Then I could hire someone to sandblast it out in the driveway.

Any ideas? Open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Rick
Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: Body Lifts Reply with quote

The club has a set of body lifts and a rotisserie so if you wheeled the car outside, removed the body to frame bolts, you could then lift the body off, and bolt it to the rotisserie and do the job right.
Don Andre is using the rotisserie now but has the body lifts.
56Rick
210 Series

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Roterisee Reply with quote

Marv,

Good news and thanks for the information.

I have a lift, so I could get the body off the frame.

I was just trying to not have to do that, but it may be necessary.

Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: