NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dyno Day - June 11th Saturday - Speedtek

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Dyno Day - June 11th Saturday - Speedtek Reply with quote

I have 5 participants that have committed to running on the dyno..

Tom Walker, 57 Chevy
Greg Hedum, 55 Chevy
Rodney Nevils, 56 Corvette
Jim Conkle, 55 Chevy
Dean Schmidt, 57 Chevy

we have 10 places reserved so 5 are available. if you want a spot, post here and your spot will be saved... $35 for 3 pulls on the dyno...
fiftysixbowtie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Dang!!! Reply with quote

Unfortunately I can't make it. Going to Arkansas for a family thing. Is the $35 their normal price? If not, I'm wondering if I can buy a rain check? I could go next week then post my stats for all to see.
Bill Preston
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Will the meeting be at 11 am before the Dynotesting?
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the normal fee is a bit higher.. they dont do rain checks

we will likely have our meeting at aprox 11AM.. then proceed with the Dyno pulls..
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Strong added to the Dyno list
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone care to discuss their results - good/bad - any changes you will make from what you learned on the Dyno ??
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: dyno results Reply with quote

Here are my stats:
(Run conditions: 92.86 degrees F, 29.48 in=Hg, Humidity 18%)

Run 1 Max power = 222.63, Max Torque = 279.51
Run 2 Max power = 222.36, Max = 275.74
Run 3 Max power = 220.55, Max Torque = 276.80

My horse power stats I felt were a little disappointing. I thought I would be more at the top end of the 200s. I used my Gtech Pro and ran a best of 13.9 at 109. By using a house power calculator at this web page: http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/mph_calculator.html
I had calculated 300 horse power at the wheels and 380 at the wheels. Almost an 80 horse power difference from the 222 and change I ran today

I guess the motor is running ok. On the top end you can see a flutter because of week valve springs. I have a positive curve in horse power which is good. I am a little rich on fuel mixture at the top end. It was recommended that I change smaller one size in the secondary jets and 2 on the pump jet. Another guy told me jetting might not improve air fuel at the top end. He said, "That the bad valve springs are what's causing the fuel flow problem at the top end."

I wonder if that is good stats for a 383 cubic inch motor?
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked around the web at 383 stroker web sites. And unless they are big fat fibbers my 383 is underpowered. Most advertise 425 hp for thier 383.

At this site http://chevystroker.com/ they avertise a 2 bolt main 383 that will producing 300 hp. Crying or Very sad Mine has 4 bolt main. Sad Question

What do you think Question
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that what is advertised or dyno'ed in a engine shop vs what the HP is actually at the rear wheels is going to be different, how much different I don't know... anytime I have seen these dyno events like we did, people are disappointed alot more than those that are not... it will be interesting to hear what adjustments if any people make based on this event...
fiftysixbowtie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: 383 Stroker Reply with quote

Makes me wish I had been there to see what mine would have done. Or maybe not. I bought the 425hp version from www.strokermotor.com. Do I really want to get that disappointed? I'm kinda content with blowing away Mustangs when the light turns green. Ask Dean. I believe they are located near the Christian Cruisers car show so maybe I'll make an appointment on the same day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: