NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks to David Graves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nealb
210 Series

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Thanks to David Graves Reply with quote

Thanks to David Graves for organizing the trip to Muenster, and for his help later on my trip home.

David followed us home from where we stopped on I35. And thanks to everyone else that stopped to offer assistance.

Not sure yet, but believe we got a bad tank of gas just before going to Braum’s. As we got to Muenster, car didn’t want to idle in the parking lot. After leaving, it started surging and acting as if it were running out of gas. Stopping briefly apparently let the electric fuel pump catch up and I could go a few more miles.

Driving slowly helped and we got home without more drama. David followed us just in case; a long way out of his way.

Clear gas filter is brown, and electric pump runs constantly even with engine off as if straining with junk in it (no gas leaking inside carb).

Going to drain everything and replace stuff and see. Just installed new tank and internals a few hundred miles ago just “because” so now get to do it again.
nealb
210 Series

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an update

the cause of my problem was that the electric fuel pump died

car ran that way so I checked the pressure and it was barely above zero

don't know if the fuel caused it by being full of junk that clogged the pump or what

will know more when take it apart and when strain the fuel and see what if anything is in it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: