NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanting to do a "tri-5" restomod.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Cars & Parts For Sale/Wanted - MOVED TO NEWSLETTER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texas51

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Wanting to do a "tri-5" restomod. Reply with quote

Am newcomer to classic car hobby. My son & I have fixed up a pretty cool 65 Mustang, and I am looking for something new. Can the "tri-5s" upgrade easily like the Mustang did - breaks, EFI engine, AC, etc... Perhaps upgrade from newer Camero or Cadallac engine & suspension?? What are the chances of finding a car thats not already restored in Dallas?? http://www.coolingpro.net/images/carindrive.jpg
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, welcome to the DACC forum. There is a swap meet at the Ball Park in Arlington going on now. I was there this morning and saw several 2 door tri-5's that needed restoring. Some needed a lot more restoring than others. Smile The swap meet will still be open in the morning.
Parts for modifing tri-5's are available from complete frames with corvette suspension to simple disc brakes and anywhere in between.

Don
belairvette
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: RESTOMOD 55-57 CHEV Reply with quote

David, I have a 56 Bel Air that has a complete '96 Vette susp mated to a seamless '56 frame by Car Creations in Calif. I dropped off my '06 RamJet engine at Street&Performance in Mena ,AR last week. They're going to do some chroming and polishing some stainless lines for me. Mark Campbell, the owner just completed a '57 210 with a custom frame with '96 Vette suspension with air bags. He bought two frames equipped the same because he plans to do a '57 Nomad. He said he's dropped those plans for now and will sell the second frame, all assembled with Vette components including the Vette rear end, wheels, new brakes, etc. at a good price. I started my project two years ago or I would have jumped on this. Call Mark at 479-394-5711. See my car at www.cardomain.com under area57 or area56 membername. My cell is: 972-365-8824 Ed
Bill Preston
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might contact this seller:
My name is Virginia Holcomb and my husband is Stan. We have a 1955 Chevrolet Belaire--blue & white, 2 door, straight 6 engine, 3 speed transmission, in need of restoration. We are unsure of its value so will have to negotiate a price. our phone number is (972) 235-1059. Our e-mail address is: ghsqdancer@worldnet.att.net
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Cars & Parts For Sale/Wanted - MOVED TO NEWSLETTER All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: