NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

removal of 6 cyl with radiator support installed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ76092

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: removal of 6 cyl with radiator support installed? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if I can pull my 6 cyl without removing the front radiator support, after removing the trans, bellhousing, clutch and front fan and pullys? Assembly manual says I have to pull the radiator support and wiper motor but then can remove with the trans attached.

Don
AJ76092

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also remove the radiator! By the way, I see in some old copies of the CCI club magazine that there are two sets of front motor mount holes. It looks like the 6 cyl set is in the front while the V8 are further towards the firewall. Can anyone confirm this fact for me.
Don
acardon
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember removing the core support when I pulled my 6 cylinder out of my first 55 but that was 45 years ago so don't hold me to it. Without the bell houseing, I think it will come out of there. Yes, the V-8 goes in the back holes on the front crossmember and they are closer together. http://www.trifive.com/garage/55%20Chevy%20Assembly%20Manual/2-5.gif
jaspermaggie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: if you have hood off Reply with quote

If you have the hood off it should come out fine. Yes second hole back is for V8.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: