NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SHOW US / TELL US about your projects!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: SHOW US / TELL US about your projects! Reply with quote

ok .. here is mine to start it off ..

I have owned this '55 for 35 years, the first 5 years I drove it as my everyday car, then it has gone through a number of stages in attempts to restore modify and improve what was there. Slowly (and I mean SLOWLY) it is coming together once again. (for the full story of the past go to http://www.dallasclassicchevy.com/FeatureCar0408Graves.htm)

Here is the latest, about to get some paint in the trunk

It now has a new 4:56 Ford 9 inch Detroit Locker, a Hughes Performance T400 behind the small block that is sporting 4 two barrell Dellorto carbs. It has been off the frame again, all the candy blue was painted underneath and on the firewall, frame painted (AGAIN) and body put back on. A rollbar was added and now SLOWLY but surely work towards getting it running for the strip. Once together, see what it will run and from there likely make some changes to make it quicker (the goal is to run in the mid to low 11's in the quarter). Paint will be Coral and Shadow Gray with a 'Resto Race Car' theme.

OK - NOW LET'S HEAR ABOUT AND SEE YOUR PROJECT!
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on fixing my 750 Holley carburetor. The secondary float bowl's zinc lining delaminated filling the bowl with metal parts and holding down the float which made gas leak all over the place. I replaced the bowl and the needle valve but now the inlet fitting is leaking requiring me to order a new gasket.

I would be finished installing a new wire harness however, the ignition switch is messing up along with the speedometer and tachometer not working which is keeping me from putting every thing back together and cleaning things up. Once I get the carburetor fixed I'll get back to the harness.
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My project is much like Davids. I've had my 55 2-door post Bel-Air since 1975. It was my daily driver in high school as well as being the class project in my Paint & Body Class in 1976. My son and I rebuilt the engine so he could drive it to high school his Senior year (2008). So now after raising two kiddos, it's time for the car to get it's makeover. I've taken it to Rondos Custom Rodz in Trenton,Tx. It's been hard to see it get cut up, however, it was necessary to get rid of all the rust. So, it's currently in the process of getting new Quarter Panels, Rocker Panels, and two new front Floor Pans. I'm anxious to see it start going back together. I'll try to figure out how to get some photos added. Can someone give me directions for adding pic's?
Thanks
Updates to come.
fiftysixbowtie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wrapping up an install of a new Dakota Digital gauge cluster...
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=719/category_id=636/home_id=59/mode=prod/prd719.htm
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Here's my attempt at attaching photos of the work done on my car.
Here's the "Before" pictures

Many thanks to son, brother and nephew for the muscle and the trailer.

And so it begins!

This is really hard to see after being able to drive it the week before.

Ok...that's better!

The same song-second verse. Quarters, Rockers and Front Floor Pans

More to come after this weeks visit.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John - we need pictures! something like your dash all ripped apart and wires hanging everywhere! Then of course the pretty one when it's all done!

Jody - that's some MAJOR surgery there! More photos as you go!
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
fiftysixbowtie
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, David. Too late. It wasn't a pretty sight. LOL.
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few photos of the dash and items we found when we first rebuilt the engine and cleaned the gas tank. Hopefully, more pic's tomorrow.

Sorry, I've tried re-sizing the photos....haven't been successful.
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here are latest photos of the progress. The rear quarters are mostly welded on, the Rockers are welded on and all of the gaps look good. It's starting to look like a car again.

2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the car has had sealer sprayed and the bodywork done to the top, Lf & Rt Doors. Headlight patch caps are on the way. I should be getting the rolling frame with motor & tranny back next week.

2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all of the body work is done except for the hood and trunk lid. After that, it will be ready for "undercoating" underneath and Lizardskin inside. Hopefully, the frame will come home this week. It's really going to be nice that the 56 years of grease and gunk is gone! I better get busy with my stainless polishing.

2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't posted an update for a while. Just wanted to have some progress to report. There's undercoat underneath and LizardSkin Ceramic coating on the interior floor. The final "blocking" should be done and the final coat of primer before paint should applied by now. Hopefully, there'll be some color cut-in next week. Here are a few pics of where things stand. It all points to me getting my butt in gear on running the lines on the frameand continue to polish the stainless.

2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys! It's been a while since my last post. Well here she is starting to get some color on her. It very exciting to see it get to this stage after all of the surgery it's had. As I'm sure you can tell, it's setting on a "Donor Frame". More to come when the exterior gets paint. I think it's safe to say that it won't make it to the Lonestar Show this weekend.javascript:emoticon('Laughing')

White with Blue Pearl
2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok folks. Here's the debut of the painted exterior. The body was just set back down on her this morning. I'm very pleased with the finished body work and paint job. It still has to be buffed out, then comes some new glass (and some new wheels at some point). Not to mention sound mat, wiring, interior. It's getting there. Sorry about the different pic sizes.

2NDTIMEAROUND
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greeting All!! Well Here's the latest. The trim is going back on. Should be getting transferred to the glass-man later this week. Then a much awaited trip back here to the house. I don't think we'll be ready for the Reliable Show next month. lol
The front end went on today...no pics yet.

The small door spear looks out alignment because the door is not closed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: