NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Headers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reefrider
150 series

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Headers Reply with quote

First of all, hello im a new member to the club. I own a 57 Chevy Belair 2 door hardtop.Now my question: Im dropping a 327 ci and puttn a 700R4 tranny in my baby.Im removing the generator/power steering unit and going with an alternatore.Any suggestions on wat headers will work as far as haven that 700R tranny and get past that linkage and the stock steering box?
Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Welcome aboard. Reply with quote

First of all, welcome to the club. Hope you enjoy this group as much as I have, they are the best.
Secondly, as for your choice of headers, go ahead and get headers that clear a power steering box, even though you may not have one, because you will probably put one on your car at some point, makes a HUGE difference in the enjoyment department. I've used Sanderson shorty headers on my 55 but have had lots of problems with them, can't recomend them.
I'm sure other members will comment on their use of other brands, right guys?
Again, glad you joined, look for us at the Autorama next weekend and introduce yourself.
Marv Cowden
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish to echo Marv by saying welcome to the club. I hope you receive as much enjoyment from being a member as I have the last few years. I have never bought headers so I'm sorry I can not give you a good recomendation.
Hope to see you at the reliable car show in March. Alan
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: headers Reply with quote

Patriot Headers clear everything. I have them on my 57 with no problems. All power equipment.
reefrider
150 series

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: headers and welcome aboard Reply with quote

redtogo, larry and 57 box man thank you and i do believe ill enjoy this club a lot. yep, i was gettn a little perplexed reading about which headers would clear starter and auto tranny linkage and stock steering gear box ect.. weww lolll a lot for my 2 ol baine cells. Thanks again guys .i know ill be pickn everyones minds.Once i figuer out how to get some pics on this thing ill post some.
Irv
210 Series

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great source of info is: www.trifive.com
reefrider
150 series

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for that info Irv. Was told that havn that 700R tranny id better stick with shorty patriots or mid length.i guess haven that 168 tooth flex plate has sumthn to do with it. Im gonna try to make it over on the 18th.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: