NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Other' Project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: 'Other' Project Reply with quote

not a Tri Five, but I am looking forward to this, my son Chris has decided he wants to get from behind the camera and into the seat occasionally so to make this happen he has talked me into (wasn't hard) to go in partners with him on building a car to run in the Texas Blown Fuel Association drag series (they will be running at the Super Chevy event in June), the first step was to get a chassis and we picked this front motor dragster up from Corpus recently, Chris is fortunate to have some very good friends in drag racing that have agreed to help him and hopefully with their help we will get this on the track in 2012, power will come from a blown big block Chevy but before that first hit on the track there will be a complete rebuild of the chassis and fresh paint - should be FUN!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool!!!
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update - got a little time in on this project, first line of order, strip the chassis down to tubing and nothing more, get it soda blasted, inspect and make repairs/improvements ..

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

back from the soda blaster

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... have had some folks ask about this project and for an update, frankly with the summer heat things kinda came to a hault, and in that time Chris got to doing some horse trading and found another more complete chassis all set up for a big block and powerglide in Missouri, so with an agreed on swap the old car is gone and now we have this new car, and with this one being more race ready I hope to have Chris getting some seat time over the winter when the weather allows and then we will be running the Texas Blown Fuel series in 2012 at select events close to home, there will be some minor work to do to this one but it is very close to race ready unlike the other one ... we are looking very forward to it!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had some time recently to work on the dragster, this 'second' dragster frame has now been stripped of paint and will be taken to a fab shop for chassis inspection and work (got to be safe!) and the big block blown chevy motor will be dropped in and hopefully (cross fingers) this thing will have life in it within the next 4-6 weeks, the goal is to have Chris making some short squirts and get some seat time at the Texas Thaw in February!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragster is now at a friends shop where the dragster will be put together over the next couple of months, first thing was to test fit the big block Chevy to the chassis and it was a perfect fit! more later as it slowly comes together.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a very busy 5 months as the dragster project has come together, and now we are at the point of making test passes, below is a link to one from our first night out at Dallas Raceway in Crandall. The car performed very well and my son Chris did excellent with driving on the first outing.

http://youtu.be/l27M8jV3pp8

We will be running at the Nostalgia race in San Antonio on May 5th, info at www.texastiming.com, and at all Texas Blown Fuel Association races where you can find more at www.TexasBlownFuel.com. Would love to see club members come out and please stop and say hi if you do!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
melody57
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Race is ON Reply with quote

Neat to see Chris gets to get in the seat & do what he wanted to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: