NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FROM THE PAST - DACC Members 'Old Photos'
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: FROM THE PAST - DACC Members 'Old Photos' Reply with quote

Here are photos 'From The Past' of club members from 'back in the day'. Watch the newsletter for any 'From The Past' photos, and then come here to see WHO IS THAT PERSON!

If you have a photo 'From The Past' that includes you and an old car or even better a Tri Five Chevy, send it to Info@DallasClassicChevy.com.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: WHO IS THAT? Reply with quote

This is Trish Sparrow, wife of James Sparrow who you see at many club events in his '56 Bel Air Chevy. According to Trish, this is 1956 in front of her father's first new car that he was very proud of. After being the family car, it was passed on to her older brother, older sister and then to her. By the time she "inherited" it in 1966 (her senior year), there were many mechanical problems with it. It died at every stop sign, which embarrassed Trish. So one day when it died near the corner of Coit and Spring Valley, Trish called her dad from a nearby filling station and told him to pick up the car. She left it at the intersection. After she graduated, her dad gave it to her sister. When times were tough for her sister and her family, her sister sold it for $50 (in about 1968)
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is Greg Hedum our current club Vice President and many of you worked with him doing security at Lone Star '29' that he and his son Nick did such a great job with organizing. This photo taken as you can see in June of 1960 has him next to a '55 Bel Air hardtop, and today he drives one that is black and maroon and might be similar to that one in 1960 but his '55 today is likely a bit faster and noiser!
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is club member Philip Romo, in 1978 in a photo taken in Dallas just after taking his driving test and this '55 is still his although a different color and in his words 'STILL not complete!'
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is Don Andre (on the left) in 1958 with his brother at Shepard AFB in Wichita Falls, Don says he had a '55 at the time but they wouldn't let him bring it on base, so his brother's '57 served as a backdrop.
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is our Alan Strong in 1963. He says this was taken at the house he grew up in located in Peoria, Illinois. The 4dr '57 Bel Air hardtop in the background was his mother's Chevy. The car was bought in 1958 from a neighbor for $1200 and kept in the family for 14 years. He remembers it with a 283 with a 4 barrel carb, no power options, radio or AC. The color was India Ivory/Canyon Coral. As a kid, he would often hid in front of the radiator on the dust cover with the hood pulled down playing 'Hid N Seek'. It cracked a cylinder head and against Alan's objections his Dad sold the '57 for $150 when he was 14.
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Marvin Cowden's Mother and sister with his father's brand new 1955 V8 Chevy 4 door Bel Air Sedan! Marvin says his Dad loved this Chevy but 3 years later it was totaled while returning from Marvin's grandparents farm in Ranger. Marvin states a guy in a '56 Caddy got sideways on a rain slick road around Thurber and knocked the '55 with the family in it down into a ravine. Luckily no one was hurt but the car was a big mess after rolling 3 times! The replacement was a '58 Chevy.
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Michael Brown as a 17 year old with his $600 '57 Chevy in 1962, Michael would drive this '57 all through high school and into his first year at Oklahoma State, then trade it off and regretted it ever since!, so much so that he now owns a '57 factory fuel inj convertible AND a '55 Bel Air Hardtop AND a slew of Vettes!, all that can be seen at http://www.hookedonvettes.com/!! VERY NICE!
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the latest addition to the old photos of members and Tri Five Chevys that appears in the monthly newsletter, this one is yours truly .. Very Happy , this was taken at 4920 Manett Street in Dallas around September of '57 and I am about 10 months old and showing my independance by walking already!, that is my Dad's '55 210 Sedan that he purchased new from Doran Chevrolet behind me, my Dad was a member of the 'Accelerators' car club in Dallas and when the '55 came out 5 club members went and got themselves a '55 Chevy!, this '55 was traded later for a '62 Chevy Impala and like many my Dad wished he had never gotten rid of the '55, or the '46 Ford, or the '62 Impala, or the '40 Ford, or the '61 Corvair, or the pair of '32 Fords, (but he did keep the '67 Camaro!)
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is George Johnson, who currently you will find cruising the streets of his neighborhood in Arlington in his '56 Nomad, but back in early 1966 this is George leaning against a '57 Chevy that he drove to high school back in Lompoc, Calif, his Dad bought the '57 in '62 from a cousin in Mississippi that owned a Chevy dealership, the car was sold when his Dad who was representing our country in Vietnam was transferred to Little Rock Air Force base and he didn't want to transport two cars from Calif to Arkansas so dispite George's efforts to convince his Dad otherwise the '57 was sold, and unfortunatley would be wrapped around a tree in an accident by the new owner.
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so it's not a Tri Five, but it's still a cool photo with a great history behind it...

Now back in 1968 Larry Rollow could be found with this '51 Studebaker as evidence of this photo, (today he can be found wheeling around Dallas or just about anywhere in the country for that matter in his blue '57 Chevy 210 Sedan) he grew up in Southern Calif and raced this at all the legendary drag strips in SoCal like Irwindale, OCIR, San Fernando but his favorite was Lions, where one night he went all the way to the final and was runner up in his class!, Larry sold the Stude in 1970 and regretted it ever since, BUT in 1993 a buddy in Calif got in touch with Larry and told him about a '51 Stude that was for sale and looked alot like his old one, and wouldn't you know it - IT WAS!, Larry jumped at the chance to re-aquire his Studebaker and after ALL THESE YEARS he is fast approaching a restoration on that car that features a blower and all the goodies so look for it to hit the streets soon if all goes well!
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, not another Tri Five photo this time, but it is definitely from the past!

You can not see who it is, but this is taken in 1967 at Tulsa, the car is the Carroll Bros Top Fuel dragster out of Irving and driving is none other than our own BJ Bucher! BJ was involved in the sport of drag racing in the 60’s and even partnered up with the famed Carroll Bros for a while to run a Top Fuel dragster driven by Kenny Bernstein in the late 60's. Well that was many years ago and BJ long left the sport of drag racing (and so has Kenny!), but isn’t it neat that we have a club member with such an exciting background!
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, David. I hope to have it running before the end of the year. Larry
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Billy Walker in about 1967, with one of many Tri Five Chevys he has owned.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Billie Walker (Billy Walker's wife!) taken at the same time as Billy's photo. Billie is 8 months pregnant in this photo taken in front of Billy's mom house in 1967!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: