NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TEXAS MOTORPLEX -- THIS SUNDAY - ENNIS - DRAG RACE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: TEXAS MOTORPLEX -- THIS SUNDAY - ENNIS - DRAG RACE Reply with quote

WHO plans on going Sunday to the TEXAS MOTORPLEX 1/4 mile Strip?

Not sure I can make it but wanted to know how many are planning on going
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to try to make it. I have been feeling a bit under the weather, so will make final decision tomorrow morning. Larry
Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: See you there Reply with quote

I've been sick for two weeks, feel better this morning, I'll be there. Marv.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have a report from the event?
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A turnout of the old reliables this Sunday at the MotorPlex. Rollow, Cowan, Carson, yours truly, and McGee. Great weather. Larry had alternator regulator problems and decided to find a safer haven after he and Cowan trouble shot the issue. Carson and I went out early. In the consollation race yours truly made it to the semi's bofore the 2X4 motor could not take the hot-lapping needed to facilitate the program. We'll be back at it in 2 weeks at another local track. I have not had this much fun burning up expensive gasoline in a long time. Hope to see everyone over at the color-buffing demo Saturday
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alternator problem I had at the Motorplex turned out to the regulator. I drove home on just the battery, and it still had enogh to start the engine! I took the alternator to a local shop and he replaced the regulator and all is well. Thinking about a cam change, the one I have has too much overlap and is degrading what the blower shoud be doing for me. It's a lot of work and I really do not want to have to discharge my A/C. It may be possible to flex the lines and move the condenser out of the way enough to get the cam out. If I do end up discharging the A/C, I will reroute the lines and maybe put a more efficient condenser on it. More $ though. We will see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: