NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Texas Muscle Car Challenge 10-30-05

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Texas Muscle Car Challenge 10-30-05 Reply with quote

I am going to the TMCC to run the 1/8 mile on Sunday, October 30.

I believe Tom is going.

Please join us!

We had a great time last weekend at Ennis. Would have been more fun to make past the first round but I'm hoping for better results next Sunday.

Alan

CHALLENGE REDLINE FALL
Redline Raceway http://www.redlineraceway.com/
Gates open at 8am
Entry $25.00 spectator $10.00
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My equipment is loaded for Redline. Should roll out about 06:30 CDT Sunday with this time change thingy in effect on my clocks.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed out my shifter nuts. On the way home from Ennis it came loose again. To fix the problem I tried both you your suggestions. I Teflon taped the threads and used a nylon nut. I did the same thing for the power steering pump that keeps coming loose.

See ya there. Alan
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys kick some tail and report in the results!!! good luck !
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again I didn't do very well at defending the club's honor. I went out in the first round Sad Tom did better. He went a couple of rounds. He is really getting his car hooking up and was pulling the front wheels on his last runs.

My car's secondary's float keeps sticking. The carb seems ok until I put it under hard acceleration. I wonder what that is causing the float to stick?
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanctioned drag racing is an extroidinary mental challenge. Things happen fast and one needs to be prepared and ready.
I'm still working out my starting line technique. Not there yet of course!
Third round paired me against the same MOPAR that cut a good light last weekend to beat me. Well I beat myself upon the redlight of .002 seconds against him. My opponent? He cut a good light of about .005 seconds. These guys are tough. But we can still bite at their butt to beat them.
On another item, my 12 bolt rear differential is really working hard. Probably, too hard. I would check the rear wheel lug nut torque after each run to find out they kept cinching down. Not a warm feeling. Looks like I'll need to come up with some aftermarket wheel studs in the 1/2" size to replace the 7/16" stockers. I'll be pulling out the axels for a twisting inspection. All this is especially important since I'm pulling out the motor for more speed mods now that this last MCCC race is behind us.

I want to thank Allen for helping me.

Hope to see all of you at the next meeting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: