NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

radiatores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reefrider
150 series

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: radiatores Reply with quote

I have 57 Chevy belair 2 door hardtop 327/335hp 700r4 trany. I need to replace radiator .prefer to keep it stock lookn .iI have a shroud so any suggestions as far as type and whom to buy from. I know theres a ton of folks that sell them. Any ideas or sugestions ? Thanks Dave Reber
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
You did not mention your intentions regarding the car's modification and future use.
For a stock setup I have purchased two Optima brass radiators one for a '57 6 cylinder location and one a '56 8 cylinder location from CCI. I can't say who has them at a lower cost but I am pleased with their performance. For the all out cooling many club members use the large, wide aluminum cross-flow radiators, which is a really good heat sink. However those require a new mount which is available.
Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: custom radiator Reply with quote

I have one of those WIDE aluminum radiators Tom talked about. Nothing cools better but if I had it to do again, I'd get one that is made with stock dimensions from BeCool in aluminum. Makes adding air conditioning or anything else up front a whole lot easier but still cools to beat the band. Warning: don't buy a cheap aluminum radiator. The coils are made in China with very thin tubing and they will only last about two years from the cooling and heating cycles that make them fatigue quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: