NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday, Apr7, Muscle Car Drags & burger burnout

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Sunday, Apr7, Muscle Car Drags & burger burnout Reply with quote

At the Sunday April 7 TMCCC drag series at the Denton North Star Dragstrip the club is feeding all members, family, and prospective members. Of course cooks are welcome and needed. Want a special meal? Ask for the "burn-out" power adder. It's really just chili for the burger, hotdog or brat.
Also this year we have the new "double burger" for the big burger lover (like me).
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in!
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made plans to be there and race.
mrcar9155
210 Series

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on racing and subjecting the whole family to a day at the drags.
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to be there and race, but my '57 is being upgraded and I haven't got it done yet. I am planning to have it ready to go to the Lone Star meet so I will say home to work on the car. Good luck to all the racers.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Results Reply with quote

The DACC drag racing team was able to have a full day of racing after a string of rainy weekends. The track's pits were full of cars making for a fun filled and spirited competition.

Team DACC consisted of Jim Baughan, his wife Christine and twin daughters along with Jim's Dad and significant other. The family drove their turquoise convertible and raced the red 57 Bel Air and Jim's Dad's 37 Coupe. However, Jim raced the 37 and his dad raced the 57. Kenneth Burton and his wife Ann were there with the blue big block 56 Bel Air. Alan Strong drove his Hemi Chrysler 300. Tom Walker brought his black 56 delivery with fresh wheel hubs and bearings. And, James Carson made the race in his black souped up LS1 powered 57 Bel Air. Sadly, James went out with a first round loss, however he overwhelmingly won the eating contest.

In addition to the racing, DACC had a club cookout of dogs and burgers. The picnicking race spectators were, Geoff Clark and his son with his scout troop. David and Marlene Graves, one of our new members Joe Angelini and son in their 55 wagon and Greg and Nick Hedum in his 55 Bel Air.

Team DACC had a great start Sunday with 4 of the 5 racers winning in the first round of eliminations. Tom and Alan went to the second round. Kenneth got through to the third round. Jim advanced to the semi finals. And, Jim's Dad was runner up to the Top Eliminator of his bracket.

Other DACC club members racing, just not for Team DACC, were Dennis Gormley in his screaming blue big block 55 and Jim Leinart in his ground pounding 427 powered white “The Goose” 55. I heard that Jim got a red light in the first round, but not sure if that was at the SHRA Nostalgia Nationals on Saturday or TMCCC on Sunday.

Please post any additions or corrections.

55FuelieWaggin
150 series

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan - your spot report sums up what I would call a fantastic family day at the drags! Adam and his cadre of Cub Scouts had a great time - in fact the drag race trumped discussion today at the school lunch table over the 2.5 days spent camping up at Lake Texoma. I'm pleased to report we are well on our way toward grooming our next generation of the BowTie Brigade!

Big thanks to the club for arranging the fun - special shout out to Tom Walker for prepping all the fixins to yeild hot dogs, brats, and the venerable "Big TOM" Burger.

I second your assessment regarding James walking off with the 2013 DACC "putting away the groceries" at the Drags award - mercy, drag racing must build quite an appetite...

Geoff
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great report Alan and the photos are super. I vote for you to be DACC's roving reporter. Oh, and did I say the photos were great!
My personal thanks to Geoff Clark, Greg and Nic Hedum. They sure made the picnic the success it was with our deprived cooking equipment.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of links to videos of Club members at North Star Dragway in Denton, Texas. First video is of Jim Baughan and the second is of Jim Leinart.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=633978286629303&set=vb.319950430057&type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=634097123284086&set=vb.319950430057&type=2&theater
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the source link page for still shots and video at Denton. 4 or 5 different loads for those desiring to consume some time. A good share of DACC in the shots and video.
http://tmccc.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: