NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Throwback Thursday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Throwback Thursday this week, we go back to 1986 and Texas Raceway in Kennedale where the club had a drag racing event that included Wayne Morrison's black '56 Bel Air 4 dr Sedan with a big block and tunnel ram that he ran without a hood (who needs a hood when you got 2 fours sticking out?). In this shot, Wayne in the red shirt is doing some tune up work and is assisted by Joe Williamson (in glasses), Gil Thomas and Gil's son along with Linda Morrison and Bev Thomas.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Throwback Thursday photo this week shows some happy DACC members at the Dallas Autorama in 1983, L to R are Jerry Brock, Gil Thomas, Greg Easley, Earnest Lander and Ron M.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this week's 'Throwback' we are at Keller's Drive In and the time machine places us in 1986, the club has a meeting at the legendary drive in and the 'Car of the Month' award is being presented by club President Danny Fisher on the right to Gene Ground and his son who attended the meeting in their beautiful '57 Chevy Convertible.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week's Throwback Thursday takes the time machine back to 1983 for what may be the first Classic Chevy Show N Drags event that DACC hosted, this one at Kennedale's Texas Raceway, pictured in the staging lanes are the 4 semi finalist who are about to pair off, the flamed '57 is Danny Burford, one of the black '57's is perhaps Bennie Kirtley and the wagon and other black '57 are anyone's guess.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's July 4th weekend in 1985 for Throwback Thursday this week at the Classic Chevy Club's national convention hosted by DACC, RD & Ellen Wallace are awarded 1st Place and a Silver Award in the '57 Contemporary Class in the Show N Shine competition.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week's Throwback goes to Ardmore Oklahoma which was a destination each September for the Tri Five crowd in the late 70's and early 80's as clubs from Ok City, Tulsa, Dallas and many other areas would get together at the Holiday Inn on Interstate 35 for a weekend of fun, cars would be driven and trailered and many took side trips to nearby Turner Falls or Lake Murray.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week for Throwback Thursday we are at Ft Fisher Park in Waco on the banks of the Brazos River for the 1979 Street Machine Nationals. During the late 70's and up into the 80's Waco was the place to be on Memorial Day weekend for this event that drew several hundred cars for the weekend. DACC was always well represented and of course anytime you get a group of Tri Five Chevys together it attracts attention as evidence of this lineup that caught the attention of the local news media!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throwback Thursday this week has this shot from the 3rd Autorama that DACC displayed in, this in 1979 and features on the left side Greg Easley's '55, David Graves' '55, David Taylor's '57, on the right side is Ellen Wallace's '57, Mike Cook's '55 Convertible and after that not sure who is in the lineup.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week we 'Throwback' to 1978 and the Ardmore Classic Chevy Run, here Ron Wilson on the left and David Graves on the right check out club member Tom Renfrow's flamed '55 'El Camino'.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this weekend the club will make the Mr. Frosty parking lot look like a scene from the 50's when we will fill the lot with Tri Five Chevys, this event for DACC started in 2008 and remains one of our popular events each year since, for this week's Throwback Thursday below is a shot from that first Frosty's event in 2008.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before we move past Mr. Frosty, this week for Throwback Thursday we will remember 2011 when DACC and Curb Service teamed together for a great music video of "I Knew It Was You", a song written by drum player James Bevill in 1959. Mr Frosty, our Tri Five Chevys and the classic music of the 50's all come together in this effort! Click the link below the picture to see the video

https://youtu.be/8ppzxrlO29A
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage

Last edited by David Graves on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week for Throwback Thursday, here is another video from the club's past, this one a hour long recap of the DACC hosted 1991 Classic Chevy International Convention. This event has been one of the largest events DACC has every taken on, and the club worked like a well oiled machine in each and every facet! This week long event that took place on August 3-8, 1991 featured a Show N Shine judging of unbelievable quality at Bear Creek Golf and Racquet Club, cruise to a near by nostalgia drive in restaurant called Fenders (now long gone), movie nights with Two Lane Blacktop and American Graffiti, a free catered picnic that had kids games, Ford Bash and the hottest Elvis impersonator at the time Dave Tapley, '55-'57 drags at the Texas Motorplex, we gave away a raffled '55 Convertible and there was much more that took place over that week. Fortunately a video crew came from California and captured that week and put it into a hour long video, sit back and relax and relive the '91 Dallas event by clicking the You Tube link below!

https://youtu.be/nbqDeTXF2-A

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throwback Thursday for the DACC continues with the 'video' theme, this week with a recap of the 1989 Classic Chevy Show N Drags event hosted by DACC. This event featured 1000 pt judging and drag racing all for '55-'57 Chevys only. The first part of the video is a production put together by a local video school who came out to the event, the second part of the video is home movie video of the drag racing portion of the event.

video clip here

https://youtu.be/Z4-777gqs3U

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David was your Vette back in '89 white with rally wheels? I have a set of rally wheels in my garage. I'll sell them to you real cheep if you feel nostalgic. And, you won your bracket drag racing!

The main song was Cher, If I could turn back time. For me it would forget the 50's, I want to go back to 1989.

1985-At my apartment at Skillman and Audelia, Richardson, Tx.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup that would be my Vette in white and rally wheels.. still have the wheels and still have the Vette, but it looks a bit different nowadays. I did get lucky and won the drag racing portion that year, was proud of that and have the award that I got that day and was going to post on here but since moving over a year ago I can't find it (along with lots of other things it seems!), it's in a box somewhere that has yet to be touched, when I do find it I will post it up here. In the meantime, here is a picture of my Vette the second day I owned it. Got it in 1989 and well my mind says take it to the strip! ...

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: