NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Throwback Thursday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Throwback Thursday this week we are looking at the Club Officers for 1979, from left to right - David Graves Treasurer, Greg Easley Vice Pres, Richard Taylor President and Mike Cook Secretary. Or ... this could be a police lineup at the local jail Very Happy

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Thursday so here is the Throwback for this week ..

Again we are in the year 1979, and we are at Market Hall in Dallas for the Autorama. Here are the winners from DACC, from left to right , Ron Wilson, Albert Collier, James Ellis, Greg Easley, Tom Renfrow, RD Wallace, Mike Cook and Ray Trevathan.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Throwback Thursday this week we remember a great club member that loved his '57 Chevy! Gil Thomas joined the DACC in the early 80's and could be counted on attending most any club event. His black '57 210 Sedan was a Show and Go car for sure. He was a regular racer at club events and when it was time to make it pretty he could do that and win awards also! Gil's son Doug had a '57 also and it was fun to watch those two race each other. Gil owned a Exxon station in Richardson (back when service stations provided service!) and he would have the club come to the station on a Sunday and we would have a big 'Tech Day' working on Tri Five Chevys at his station. We lost Gil on January 4th 2012 in a auto accident. He is missed!

Gil making passes at a Super Chevy event at Green Valley Raceway in the early 80's

Gil and his son Doug at the '85 Classic Chevy Convention in Dallas with awards for both the Show and Drags (slicks/chrome reverse wheels on a stock appearing '57 just says something!)

Gil picking up another award at a show with his '57

Gil making a pass at the Motorplex at the DACC Show & Drags in the late 80's, check that reaction time - top bulb out, about to turn green and the front end already heading up!
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a Throwback Thursday photo from 1994 of DACC winners at the Autorama car show in Dallas, left to right, Tom Martin, BJ Bucher and Gerald Phariss. The DACC has had a group of '55-'57 Chevys in the Dallas Autorama every year since 1977!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this week's Throwback Thursday, we are at the 2004 Dallas Autorama and the Dallas Area Classic Chevys are in a 'reorganizing' mode after the leadership of the club started falling apart and the club almost dissolved, and as in the past a good display at the Autorama is always a great way to reinvigorate interests in '55-'57 Chevys it seems. This display did just that with only 3 cars, one from each year that represented the club well and kept our continuous display string alive at the Autorama. This display helped tremendously get the club 'back on track'. In the display is Larry Rollow's '57, Kevin Brown's '56 and Steve Pratt's '55.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the State Fair of Texas opening this weekend, this week let's do a Throwback Thursday to 1981 when the DACC participated in the State Fair Parade in Downtown Dallas. Our Tri Five Chevys were a big hit as we motored through the canyons of Downtown Dallas that year!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week for Throwback Thursday we recognize one of DACC’s ‘Best’ when it comes to restoring Tri Five Chevys (and we have had many in the club that fit this category!), RD Wallace was one of the best at restoring ’57 Chevys and had many that were recognized for their authenticity and quality. This one he called ‘Black Gold’ was restored in the late 70’s and was featured in Classic Chevy World magazine in 1980 as seen here. RD and his wife Ellen were very active members in the early years of the club and it was always a treat to see RD’s latest efforts. This ’57 was one of the nicest in the country at the time, it featured all the power accessories and lots of NOS (New Old Stock) parts. He took this ’57 to the 1978 Classic Chevy International Convention in Memphis and brought home 2nd Place in the ’57 Trailered Restored Class, undoubtedly one of the toughest classes in the world of Tri Five Chevys! In his later years, RD sold off all of his Classic Chevys (he had many!) and one can only wonder where they all are today, especially ‘Black Gold’.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throwback Thursday this week features the dash plaque from one of the club's major events of the past 4 decades, that the 1991 Classic Chevy International Convention held at the DFW Hyatt at the big airport. This was a week long event, with enthusiasts from overseas attending along with all over the United States and the club had one huge job of playing host - and DACC did it's normal outstanding job in that role (something I am proud to say we as a club have done very well over the years!). Dash plaques are something that are a bit old school, and seem to have become less popular than they once were. It was always 'the thing' to have these stick on plaques placed on a car's dashboard to illustrate all the car shows that one had attended. That lasted a while but soon those 'dash plaques' started ending up on everything else, from display boards to under the hood to tool boxes. The dash plaque shown is the one all participants of the '91 International Classic Chevy Convention received when they came to Dallas. Look for more 'dash plaques' and more photos from this event in future Throwback Thursdays!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another dash plaque from the past for this week's Throwback Thursday, this one from the 10th Annual Lone Star Classic Chevy Convention that was hosted by the Houston Classic Chevy Club and held on Galveston Island, this was a memorable Lone Star with the Show N Shine near the water and just an overall great location to get a bunch of '55-'57 Chevys together at!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... another Throwback Thursday and another dash plaque, this one from 1989 when the Concho Classic Chevy Club in San Angelo hosted the 7th Lone Star Classic Chevy Convention, San Angelo is a great destination and has played host to 3 of the Lone Star events (most recently in 2013) and all have been great events for the '55-'57 Chevy crowd! ...

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Throwback Thursday this week, here from 1987 is the flyer for the DACC hosted 'Show N Drags' event that the club hosted a number of years that had the full 1000 point judging AND drag racing all in the same day, normally we would get over 50 Tri Fives attending and it was a great event while it lasted!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Throwback Thursday this week we are at the 24th Annual Lone Star Classic Chevy Convention in 2006 hosted by DACC and this group of '55-'57 Chevys are heading off to the Tri Five drag races that were held for the event.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For TT this week we go to the 1985 Dallas Autorama and the winners fro the DACC - from L to R we have Harry Crossley, Bennie Kirtley, RD Wallace, Paul Fuller, Joe Williamson, Mike Cook and Gil Thomas.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Throwback Thursday this week, we are at Reliable Chevrolet in 2005 for the 1st ever Spring Classic Chevy Show, here Bill Preston gets his award for the 'Favorite Corvette' from the show. That Corvette has since undergone a complete frame off restoration and you can expect to see it at the 2015 Spring Classic Chevy Show next year at Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: UG Reply with quote

FaceBook has ruined me...I was looking for the like button....This picture was 10 years ago? I feel old when i see a picture in Throw Back Thursday and I was in the club when the picture was taken!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: