NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge Drags, Denton 4/27/2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge Drags, Denton 4/27/2014 Reply with quote

This is the 'rescheduled' DACC April club event that was rained out at Kennedale earlier this month, same agenda as then, all cars can race, TEAM DC needs you!, dial your own ET bracket racing so all cars compete equally!, gates open at 9AM so if you would like to compete get there by 10AM as time trials will begin, then we will go into eliminations, there will be DACC members there to help first timers, and the best part is get there by 11AM if you are just spectating so that you can see some of the action on the drag strip AND have burgers, hot dogs and the works as Tom Walker is not only bringing his Chevy to race he is bringing all the goodies so that we all can have a great lunch! All you need to do is pay the spectator fee of $10 to get in! The club pit area will be where all the '55-'57 Chevys are gathered at so seek us out! Hopefully our regulars will be there along with new faces! Count me in and I will see you there! North Star Dragway is the place, just north of Denton off I35, info at www.TMCCC.org, Watch here or the club website homepage for any weather related news. Anyone else coming?
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
mrcar9155
210 Series

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have the whole family and the blue coupe out there if the weather will finally cooperate. Thanks for the shout out on the Blown Inheritance Blog.
Looking forward to a TW prepared lunch and some good racing.
Hoping to see all the Team DC regulars and have some other club members earn some points for DACC.
LDRollow
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't make it this week, we will be out of town. Good luck to the competitors.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plan as of Sat evening is to run the event. The expected rain is to hit early AM Sunday, the plan is to dry the track and run the race. Likely will be starting late but the plan is to run it. Hope to see YOU at Denton! Check here for any last minute updates!
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Chuck Wagon" is packed for Denton with food for a small army. With a couple of volunteer cooks and some help to re-set the timing on my Sedan Delivery's replacement distributor we will be "cookin" at both ends. Let's all try to land in the same pit area. Whoever gets in the gate first; please save room for about 4 trailers.
wheezer
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a nice surprise to go with the burgers and hot dogs as Chris B. brought a load of her homemade chocolate chip cookies for everyone. They were a great hit.
I, (maybe others) would like to get the recipe. Any chances?

And...I want to thank everyone helping me to get my distributor changed and set. Setting engine timing in the sunshine is near impossible without help and a blanket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: