NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacing door windows, side windows and vent windows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Replacing door windows, side windows and vent windows Reply with quote

My window fur channels got so bad that at least one door window cracked from the vibrations of the car. With that problem and other problems with the side glass, I am in the process of replacing the channels and windows.

I have been looking for directions and below is what I have found so far.

Before starting, roll your window to its "up" position. This will allow easy access to the inner door assemblies.

Clamp the window in this position, taking care not to scratch the glass (when the window regulator assembly is removed, nothing will be supporting the glass).

Tip: We recommend wearing long sleeves while working inside the door assembly. Sharp edges can easily cut skin! If necessary, use flashlight and small inspection mirror to make sure that rollers are firmly set in tracks.

Is it just me or did they leave out a few steps?

Please give me words of wisdom, hints, tricks, and things to avoid in replacing my windows. If you have a link to a good site with good instructions please send it to me.

On another chat board, a Tri5 owner was replacing his windows to put in electric window openers. I don't want to do that, I actually like the nostalgia of the crank windows. But he broke one of his windows installing it. I DON'T want break anything and given half a chance, I will break a window. What to do to insure no cracks or breakage?

I'm saving the front and back glass for later. I'm afraid of rust on the rubber mounts. When I paint my car I will replace and fix that issue.

Please give me your knowledge or at least your 2 cents.

Alan

SEE YOU AT THE GARAGE CRAWL MARCH 14.

Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Window Repair Reply with quote

Alan, Danchuk has an extensive library on anything to do with tri-fives, go to DANCHUK.COM, click on DOWNLOADS, click on TECH ARTICLES or INSTRUCTION SHEETS for anything you are attempting. You can download the articles, print them, and take them out to the garage with you.

Drive On, Dude.
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I thought I hit the Technical tab.

Moved to Technical help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: