NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Interesting report Reply with quote

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/28/are-muscle-cars-a-good-investment.html

1957 Chevy BelAir
1949 Chevy Truck

Thought for the day-

Horsepower: "If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read, glad to see our hobby getting some attention .. but .. auctions like those in Monterrey really aren't the measure of our hobby I don't think, those events are for high end exotic cars with high end buyers and don't represent the hobby well, only that small spectrum of our hobby. And buying/selling old cars is a risky investment program (keep it at a hobby level!). Watching the swap meets, online antique car sites etc and see what things are selling for I think are a much more representative snapshot of the hobby, not the Monterrey auctions! And this line I think is off the mark also - "The cars that are the worst performers are models from the 1950s and cars with poor documentation or uncertain histories." Really? There isn't any time period in automotive history that had more style and creativity than the 50's and here 60 years later folks are still paying good money for those cars. AND those times will never be repeated!
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
Larry Epperson
Bel Air

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your analogy. It was a game to name the car coming up behind you at night just by looking in your rear view mirror and most of the times I got it right. (50's & early 60's). Now I have to find the name tag or ask the owner what make the car is??

Auctions can become very competitive or even combative at times putting an unrealistic cost on a vehicle. "I have more money than you!" Attitude

They are fun and interesting to watch and I am always interested in the TriFive's that cross the block and envious of a few of the purchases

I would like to go to a Barrett Jackson auction one of these days and it would be nice if I could win the Lotto too!

1957 Chevy BelAir
1949 Chevy Truck

Thought for the day-

Horsepower: "If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Misc. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: