NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DACC's 40th Anniversary Tri Five Show - April 10 Sunday
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: DACC's 40th Anniversary Tri Five Show - April 10 Sunday Reply with quote

DACC turns 40 years old this year, and that milestone will be celebrated all year but on Sunday April 10th we will light all the candles with a HUGE '55-'57 Chevy show open to all members and non members. If it's a '55-'57 Chevy car, truck or Corvette, your ride is your entry fee! Show cars, race cars, traditionals, drivers, projects - all welcomed! This free show will feature the oldies music by Johnny Diamond and the Silver Hubcaps who will put on a show you won't forget! We will have contest for best 50's dressed, Hula Hoop contest, and more! Like always, our show will not be formally judged, but Favorites will be picked by our club sponsors, and special for this year 'Celebrity Judges' will be selecting their favorite Chevys highlighted direct from Los Angeles American Graffiti star Candy Clark who played Debbie in this classic movie! We also have members of the automotive press that will be picking their favorite Tri Fives and even the Mayor of Richardson will select a favorite. Tim Miller and his crew from the Car Guy TV show will be not only picking a favorite Chevy but filming for his television show! Birthday cake for everyone along with fantastic door prizes will be given away all during the show! Our club's 40th Anniversary is one to celebrate and this event will be a celebration not to miss! We have handout flyers and posters to promote the event and if you would like to help spread the word in your neighborhood or favorite hot rod shop etc, let me know and we will get some to you! We need all the help we can get to get the word out! This will be the biggest '55-'57 Chevy show in Texas this year and we want you and your pals in the place on Sunday April 10th!

Links to some of the pre event press

https://goo.gl/Lmx7qx

http://goo.gl/ruI4bH

http://goo.gl/3fDO0a

http://goo.gl/Wnpc2j
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are at almost single digits of days until the Anniversary show. I for one hope we will get all members to attend the show and that we get a great showing of past members of DACC. The club has a rich history that needs to be celebrated as well as remembered.

So, I will make a challenge to get, "out vote so to speak" with getting members and past members to the show. Call your friends and get them out with you at the show!
Briney
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: 40 YEARS.... WHAT A NUMBER !!! Reply with quote

I hope lots of members show up... We are looking forward to it. 40 years is a very long time....

Patrick
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added to the 'lineup', we will have on display the first production small block Chevy engine, one that Zora Duntov personally was involved with as his passion was to make the Corvette a performance car and having the small block Chevy engine was key to that formula. Introduced in '55, this new engine design became the standard that other performance motors were measured by! We are fortunate to be able to have this motor on display and the history of it is very interesting! This is a nice addition to our 40th Anniversary Show!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some have asked about show signs for their rides like we use at the Autorama, my son Chris who produces these will be at this event and it will be a perfect time for him to get shots of your car if you want to have a sign made. Cost for 24 x 36 custom design like below $125, on metal. Look him up at the show if you are interested.

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our club founder and first club President Greg Easley will be in attendance, and will be selecting his Favorite '55-'57 Chevy for an award! I hope that other past club members who are no longer active will join Greg in attending!
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out Greg will not be able to make it due to surgery he must have on Friday. Also, attached here is a map of the layout for the show. THIS IS DIFFERENT THAN IN THE PAST! Tri Five Chevys will enter off Arapaho down the service drive and enter the parking for the Chevys to the right. In order to accommodate more cars, we had to make this change. Weather should be great for this event! See YOU there!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
orange56
Bel Air

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about parking for race cars trailers?
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parking for trailers in the lot marked spectators to the right of the car show lot
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have two food trucks lined up to attend .. one menu below

the other is a 'dessert' truck (the best kind!) that will have cookies, S'mores, peach cobbler bars and cupcakes AND of course we will have a DACC Birthday Cake!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
Irv
210 Series

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

When I arrive do you still want me to park next to Candy?

Irv
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please .. And Terry Sealock is parking his yellow deuce coupe on the other side .. .
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! ... what an event! .. 3 hours of over the top Tri Five Chevys, incredible cars and trucks, fantastic turnout, we had them crawling all over the place (over 100!), a great staff of DACC folks made this thing flow like we knew what we were doing!, THANKS to all who came out with their Chevys, thanks to the club members who worked so hard to make this successful, thanks to all our judges who came out and took the time to help pick favorites, and of course thanks to Reliable Chevrolet for their support of the club! All important ingredients to making this the largest exclusive Tri Five Chevy event outside the Tri Five Nationals in Bowling Green! And we did it all in just 3 hours!

If you took photos, send them to me please. (Below is a sample of what we had!) I will get them organized and posted soon on the club website. Also, The Car Guy Show will have what should be a great recap of our 40th Anniversary soon so watch here, in your newsletter and club email for show dates and channel!

We proved once again that Tri Five Chevys are the coolest collector cars in the world and have the most fun owners! THANKS AGAIN!

'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
Irv
210 Series

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a great time today! Thanks to all whose hard work made it possible. We made it back home to Lufkin safe and sound once again. Hope to see several of you in Bowling Green!
57boxman
Bel Air

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great show. Jodi and I had a great time. Thanks to all that helped out to produce one of the greatest DACC events ever!!!!!

Special thanks to David Graves for project managing the event.

Another special thanks to Reliable Chevrolet for their help and being such a great club sponsor. When I buy my next Chevy, I'll again go to Reliable.

Alan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: