NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated
The function of this message board has become unstable with no way to update and will be disabled soon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garage Crawl 2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Garage Crawl 2016 Reply with quote

This years crawl won't be quite as spectacular as last years but will reflect a more Earthy level of members garages featuring mine, John and Dena Rogers's and Andy and Nina Salina's. Andy has a world of auto related memorabilia and he's promised to feed us, too.

We'll start at my garage at 10:00 on Saturday morning, March 19th. I'll demonstrate how to remove the Alcohol from pump gas.

Then we will take a short drive over to John and Dena's to see their impressive stable of cars and collectibles.

Then it's off to Andy's in Irving, about 10 miles down the road for more gawking and grazing.

My address is 3818 East Verde Woods, Grand Prairie.
Directions:
Exit I20 and turn North on Carrier Parkway in Grand Prairie. Go 1/4 mile to East Crossland Blvd. and turn right (East). Go .4 mile to Verde Woods, turn left (North), go 200 yds. to 3818, the house with all of the Pine Trees in the front yard. If you get lost, call 972-262-56 three two.

Hope to see you there.
Marv Cowden
Bel Air

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Was that fun or what? Reply with quote

I don't know about the rest of you but that was one fun cruise we had Saturday!
Endless thanks to John and Dena for opening up their home, providing some great snacks and refreshments, and some fabulous rides. Marlene got the thrill of the day for starting up the drag Nova of the Roger's.
Special thanks to Andy Salinas and family for the fabulous buffet of barbequed meats and sides while every table was surrounded by nostalgia collectables that brought back fond memories.

Can't wait till the next one.

Marv C.
David Graves
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you Marvin for setting all this up!

This has become a favorite club event since we began doing this in 2015. For those that missed it all I can say is shame on you. Marvin provided a hands on demonstration on removing alcohol from pump gasoline at his garage to start the day. It is quite simple to do and doesn't take a lot of effort. His garage was impressive with the lift and the layout at his beautiful home - perfect for a gearhead! After playing chemist, moving over to the John Roger's home, a lineup of family modern muscle cars greeted us in the driveway along with his Nomad and Nova drag racer. The Dr Pepper collection was also impressive! Then what a way to finish the Crawl with the stop at Andy Salinas' home! Over the top memorabilia from the 50's, literally a diner in his shop and being quite the cook he served us up with some grub that included ribs, sausage, beef, corn, potato salad and MUCH MORE! There isn't a BBQ joint in North Texas that rivals the Salinas kitchen!

Again, thanks to all these members for stepping up, and it was a great time that each and every club member should have taken advantage of! Next year don't miss it! Pictures soon on the club website!
'56 Corvette
'67 Camaro RS
'69 Blown 427 nostalgia front engine dragster
'17 Indian Chief Vintage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NOTICE - Dallas Area Classic Chevys Message Board Will Soon Be Deactivated Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: